IT Systems Administrator - Boston (On-Site)
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Salary: $80k - $90k / yr. ** Position is On-Site at Boston, MA
Office Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of implementation and operational sustainment of the
enterprise services hosted on-premises as well as within
cloud-based IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS environment (Microsoft Azure
and/or Amazon Web Services) as well as general on-premises IT
infrastructure and mobile solutions (network, endpoint, compute,
IoT) and technologies.
- 8 years of supporting geographically dispersed 24x7x365 local
and remote end users, to meet or exceed stringent
contractual/corporate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) - 4 9s and/or
5 9s availability.
- 5 years' experience in transport/ public transport/ service
- 5 years' experience in corporate support function (platform
managing multiple locations) and interfacing with decentralized
team to supporting multiple locations within North American
- 3 years of supporting the enterprise adaptation of the NIST
FIPS 140 & SP 800, ISO 27001/27002, CIS, PCI-DSS cybersecurity
framework and implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge/ exposure to onboard equipment systems (DriveCam/ CAD
AVL/ etc. is preferred).
- Experience in identifying technical feasibility and
POC/testing/deploying innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and supporting
enterprise business intelligent platforms (Tableau, Microsoft Power
BI, and/or Amazon QuickSight).
- Develops and implements an infrastructure system in accordance
with the enterprise architecture, cybersecurity policies (including
but not limited to federal regulations and corporate compliance),
and assures programs and operations are delivered on time and on
budget and meet all SLAs required by the programs served by the
infrastructure and enterprise applications.
- Must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
or college in computer science/engineering, information technology,
or a related field of study.
- Graduate degree from an accredited university or college in
computer science, information technology or a related field of
study is preferred.
- Active professional credentials in any two of the following:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ITIL
v3 Practitioner/v4 Foundation certified, Certified Engineer in
Microsoft and/or Microsoft Azure, Cisco Certified Network
Professional (CCNP). Skills:
- Identifying, developing, and applying best practices in
information technology, design, acquisition, policies, procedures,
and principles necessary to ensure delivery of technology
investments / contractual obligations.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating information systems in
complex organizations supporting mission operations and maintaining
- Collaborating with internal and PTA's Chief Information
Security Officer to effectively implement and sustain a
cybersecurity enterprise and to provide support in the development
of the strategic direction to enable PTAs or KNA divisions to
prepare for, detect, and respond to cyber-attacks.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills to guide and inspire teammates and
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both
stakeholders and team members.
- Exceptional knowledge of IT systems and software
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple
projects/teammates at once to meet deadlines. -Key
Accountabilities: - IT Infrastructure -:
- Adhere to and support evaluation of policies and
- IT Security
- Address escalated Site/Companywide outages via helpdesk
- Maintain reliable infrastructure for business continuity
- Manage Vendor's responsibility and enforce agreed SLA
- Create and Upkeep Documentation for Services and
- Off-hour critical response team Solution Delivery -:
- Support procurement and digital solutions leadership in
evaluation of adherence to technical relationship with vendors
- Report on accountable project status
- Identify and escalating infrastructure budget to
- Evaluate and assess current state infrastructure against
changing market trends to realize cost optimization
- Advise budget, project, and change control within the
- Build an infrastructure/systems roadmap that will help define
the technical business plan within KTA Management / Organization
- Build and maintain a stable foundation to support business
units reporting functions
- Load balancing team workload by understanding project
requirements, prioritizing, delegating, and tracking tasks,
supervising work, and providing guidance as required to ensure
quality changes are released to production, and efficient
achievement of department goals.
- Manage, leverage, and interact with Keolis North America
Digital Solutions to deliver objectives of the organization through
project requirements, estimating, communicating project status,
identifying resources gaps; identifying, prioritizing, and tracking
tasks, providing guidance as required to ensure quality changes are
released to production, and efficient achievement of department
- Support and enforce client and vendor facing SLA's alongside
procurement to avoid interruption in business continuity. Client
relationship and external relationships
- Accountable for infrastructure risk mitigation in support of
contractual delivery of service to clients, compliance and other as
- Act as a support business liaison with other workstreams and
- Identify opportunities to improve delivery against the contract
within the shareholder expectations to develop win-win outcomes for
operator and client in accordance with our value of 'we commit'.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Design, Manage, and Maintain IT service infrastructure
- Use industry best practices to provide a secure computing
- Manage ticket escalations that require infrastructure
change/release to address elevated outages and cyber incidents
- Senior technical member of the off-hour critical response
- Help evaluating IT and software projects
- Partner with other SMEs to provide solutions / Consult on best
practices for IT and Solution
- Plan and Design solutions to introduce and increase systems &
operational efficiency, stability, reliability, and
- Recommend solutions for information systems to support our
clients in transforming their businesses, in line with best
- Member of the onsite technical deployment teams during
mobilization/demobilization efforts within the region
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, peers and support /
execute the shared services platform vision for IT services, in
line with Keolis North America's CIO's vision. Additional
- Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
- Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By
placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. -
- Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the
environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people
and the communities in which we operate.
- EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment
Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race,
color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive
compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth
throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work
environment possible. #CB INDHP
Keywords: Keolis North America, Boston , IT Systems Administrator - Boston (On-Site), Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...