Investigator (North & South America)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role :
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) will respond to changing environment
and our needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical
behavior following Takeda's values. By working in an agile manner
E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance
and processes, and dynamic approaches to delivering creative
solutions to manage our risks. Join Takeda as an Investigator where
you will assess and manage the concerns of misconduct reported
(including through the Takeda Ethics Line) and determine if an
investigation is warranted. You will also conduct investigations
for a multinational, US listed pharmaceutical company, including
analysis of custodian records, witness interviews, documentation
review, and coordination with other Takeda business and legal
groups. As part of the Global Ethics & Compliance team, you will
report to the Global Investigator (North & South America).
How you will contribute :
The primary responsibility of the Investigator is to assess
allegations of misconduct, assign, conduct and document
investigations of alleged violations of laws and regulations,
Takeda's Global Code of Conduct, policies or SOPs, across the
Americas. The Investigator will:
- Plan and run global and/or local impact investigations for a
multi-national, Japan / US listed pharmaceutical company.
- Assess and manage the concerns reported and determine if an
investigation is warranted. Develop and execute an investigation
plan and supervise the work of internal/external resources involved
in an investigation.
- Support the Global Investigator in their role as the first
point of contact for the relevant Business Units/Business Functions
and subsidiaries in North American and Latin American countries
(e.g., USBU, Plasma Derived Therapies, Global Manufacturing,
Research & Development, Vaccines Business Unit, Corporate
functions, and others) on matters of concerns raised and
- Where relevant, oversee the execution of local investigations
to ensure they are performed according to internationally
- Partner with Human Resources, Ethics & Compliance and Legal
departments on matters of investigations.
- Manage vendors supporting investigative activities.
- Identify, train and provide guidance to local E&C Officers
and other personnel in charge of conducting local
- Work in collaboration with the relevant Business Units/Business
Functions/Regional/Local E&C Heads and other relevant functions
to proactively identify potential risk areas (internal/external)
and support the development of case studies and best practices that
would raise the awareness of key ethics and compliance risks and
- Provide regular reporting on the overall investigations to
Global Investigator, Head of E&C Investigations, Head of
E&C Program and Governance, the Chief Ethics & Compliance
Officer and other key internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a matrix
- Works cross-functionally and collaborates effectively with
multiple business stakeholders including Human Resources, Finance,
Group Internal Audit and IT.
- Uses business acumen and insights to effectively manage
investigations in the company matrix model including across
multiple sets of stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders.
- Collaborates well with external consultants and
- Ability to interpret and contextualize rules, guidelines,
policies, procedures and controls.
- Integrate data analytics tools and procedures as part of
planning an investigation.
- Sound and independent judgment in complex and sensitive
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years of hands-on experience managing sensitive and complex
investigations in the United States and internationally including
cases of fraud, harassment and corruption or equivalent
- Proven track-record in planning and executing corporate
investigations for a multi-national company. Having part of that
experience in the pharmaceuticals or medical devices industry is
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and industry codes relevant
to the healthcare industry in the region and the applicable
extraterritorial regulations (e.g., FCPA, SOX, False Claims Act,
Antikickback Statute, Prescription Drug Marketing Act,
- Good understanding of US pharmaceutical law, including fraud
and abuse, anti-kickback and FCPA matters.
- Knowledge of the compliance issues that the healthcare industry
is facing in the region is preferred.
- Experience in providing assistance with the development of
remedial measures of risk areas/gaps identified during
- Experience in managing teams of external investigators in
fieldwork and forensics
- Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred
- Legal, audit or risk background is preferred
What Takeda can offer you :
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us :
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are
Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , Investigator (North & South America), Other , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!