In Vivo Research Scientist II
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
The Cell Engager team of the Oncology DDU is seeking a highly
motivated Associate Scientist to join a highly collaborative and
dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the
discovery and development of novel therapeutics in the T cell
engager space supporting new and ongoing pipeline programs
utilizing the COBRA platform. This is a fully lab-based role, and
the successful candidate will work with the in-vivo lead and be
responsible for critical path activities. The successful candidate
must have a strong foundation in in vivo models of cancer. As a key
member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for new in
vivo model development, target validation, assessing therapeutic
concepts of various immune engager molecules and advancing
development candidates to IND. The individual will collaborate and
demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results.
Ideal applicant will be team-oriented, possess excellent
communication and organizational skills.
How you will contribute:
- Development of animal models to test the biological efficacy of
therapeutic agents for oncology indications.
- Independently design and execute in vivo studies in
- Participate in analysis of in vivo studies to help establish
- Executes experiments with minimum supervision and delivers
comprehensive high quality data sets to enable decision
- Playing a lead role in guiding project teams in appropriate
planning and use of preclinical models of cancer to evaluate new
drug candidates' mechanisms.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize workload.
- Collaboration with cross-functional scientists from
Translational, DMPK, Safety
- Proactively survey scientific literature
- Provide analysis and interpretation of data in a clear and
concise manner, with a clear understanding of its implications
within the overall context of the project.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project
reports and formal presentations.
- Writing protocols and study reports, maintaining accurate
- Follow laboratory practices in compliance.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates in-depth technical in vivo knowledge.
- Able to clarify requests and provide suggestions and put data
into context especially in context of study design and quality of
- Serves as the in vivo lead on projects providing key scientific
feedback to advance programs in a matrixed environment.
- Assist with external collaborations with CROs.
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences.
- Collaborates with others across sites and acts as scientific
resource for in vitro pharmacology.
- BS with at least 10 years of research experience or MS with at
least 8 years or PhD with at least 2 years of research in a lab
setting working with animals
- Proficiency with in vivo efficacy rodent models, including
mouse syngeneic, xenograft and PDX models
- Strong experimental skills, including mammalian tissue culture,
in vivo model development, drug administration by multiple routes
(IV, SQ, IP, PO, RO), and blood/tissue collection.
- Experience culturing and maintaining human tumor cell lines
with best practices in tissue culture is critical. Experience
culturing and expanding primary human cells, preferably T cells, is
- Proficiency with multi-color flow cytometry
- Hands -on basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry,
ELISA, MSD and other standard cell based and non-cell based
biochemical assays is desired.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management
and data analysis (Graph Pad Prism, Soft Max Pro, Office 365,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude with an ability to
thrive in a dynamic "biotech- like" environment and work in
cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management
and organizational skills
- Takeda's high-engagement culture is an important factor in our
success; we seek team members who will contribute to and further
strengthen that culture.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
Base Salary Range: $130,200.00 to $186,000.00, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , In Vivo Research Scientist II, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!