Social Worker - Per Diem-weekends
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.Job Type:Per
DiemScheduled Hours:0Work Shift:Day (United States of America)Job
Summary: Provides psychosocial screening, assessment, treatment,
and follow-up for patients and families. Collaborates with
physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community
agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe,
effective and timely patient care. Assignments vary based on
department and service needs. Reports to the social work
manager/manager of clinical service area.
Job Description:Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that
address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize
emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and
efficient use of health care resources.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred,
or meet screening criteria for identifying patients' needs.
Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as
indicated. Partners with a nurse case manager and the
multidisciplinary team, assists in discharge planning and/or
outpatient continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate
to setting. Provides timely and appropriate documentation in
patient's medical record. Consults on psychosocial patient-care
planning and patient/family management as well as risk
- Utilizes on-site or on-call supervisors as appropriate for
clinical consultation and to apprise supervisors of legal, ethical,
risk issues that may effect the patient, family or the Medical
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration
Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Massachusetts license at the highest level of eligibility. If
license pending, will work under the direct clinical supervision
and have all notes co-signed by a licensed social worker. Must
obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.Age based
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6
months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60
years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campusFLSA Status:Non-ExemptAs a health care
organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our
power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our
communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be
vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of
employment. about this requirement.More than 35,000 people working
together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers,
teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your
skill and compassion can make us even stronger.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Social Worker - Per Diem-weekends, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!