Research Associate Scientist
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
The Cell Engager team of Takeda's Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is
looking for an in vivo/ ex vivo lab-based scientist to join a
collaborative and dynamic team. Contribute to pre-clinical research
projects by developing well-defined mechanistic experiments in
immunology and oncology. The candidate should have a foundation in
immunology and/or cancer biology with proven skills in in vivo
models of cancer, and in vitro/ex vivo assays in immunology or
oncology. The candidate will play a critical role in supporting key
pipeline programs tied to Gamma Delta T cell biology and immune
regulation mechanisms. The individual will collaborate and
demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results
with key stakeholders within a dynamic cross-functional R&D
team. The selected candidate will be expected to conduct both in
vivo and ex vivo lab assignments and protocols, d demonstrating
initiative and innovative thought when designing experiments for
drug discovery research. The position will require the individual
to be primarily lab based.
How you will contribute:
- Design and complete in vivo and ex vivo experiments with a
primary focus on efficacy, pharmacokinetics and MOA studies in a
range of in vivo (syngeneic, xenograft) and ex vivo/in vitro model
systems with minimal supervision.
- Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures, such as dosing
all routes, tumor inoculation, tumor measurements and tissue
necropsy with minimal guidance.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presenting findings to key
stakeholders. Will play an active role in the subsequent scientific
discussions to guide decision making and aid success of research
- Initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to
specific problems using scientific theory, data from external
partners, and technical literature.
- Perform isolation of primary immune cells like PBMCs, alpha
beta and gamma delta cells from peripheral blood and skin as
- Assist with external collaborations with CROs and establish new
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment across teams.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project
reports and formal presentations.
- Maintain excellent documentation through timely data analysis
and ELN entries.
- Contributes to IND report and documentation.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Demonstrates in-depth technical in vivo knowledge.
- Able to clarify requests, provide suggestions and put study
design and quality of data into context.
- Serves as the preclinical in vivo representative or lead on
project teams, to provide scientific input or guidance into a
matrix style team.
- Assist with external collaborations with CROs.
- Present and analyze data that can be decisional.
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences.
- Collaborates with others across sites and acts as scientific
resource for in vivo models of cancer.
- Strives towards expanding scientific knowledge in immunology
and animal models of cancer.
- Receives high level instructions on routine work; general
instructions on new assignments; able to execute on assigned tasks
with some supervision.
- MS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 3+ years
relevant experience, or BS with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in in vivo rodent models of cancer, experience in
mouse syngeneic and xenograft models required. Experience with
humanized mouse models and PDX models preferred.
- Strong experimental skills, including mammalian tissue culture,
in vivo model development, drug administration by multiple routes
(IV, SQ, IP, PO, RO), and blood/tissue collection and ex-vivo
- Experience in cell culture with tumor cell lines, primary
cells, and immune cells is required.
- Experience of cell-based techniques such as flow cytometry or
live cell imaging preferred.
- Experience with cell-based functional ex vivo/in vitro assays
is a must.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Rigorously evaluating and analysing scientific data and forming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management
and data analysis (Graph Pad Prism, Soft Max Pro, Office 365,
- Excellent team player with a collegial, can-do attitude who can
thrive in a dynamic "biotech- like" environment to work in
cross-functional matrix-style teams.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
Base Salary Range: $91,700.00 to $131,000.00, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , Research Associate Scientist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!