Company: IPG Photonics
Posted on: November 20, 2023
IPG Photonics is revolutionizing the laser industry as the
pioneering developer and leading producer of fiber lasers and
amplifiers. Headquartered in Marlborough, MA, IPG has over 6,500
employees in more than 30 locations around the world. We aspire to
work together with our employees and customers to apply light in
ways that improve life. -
Our mission is to develop innovative laser solutions to make the
world a better place. To accomplish this mission, we are committed
to attracting and retaining the best talent and an engaged,
diverse, and thriving workforce that drives a sustainable future
for our company and society.
Working at IPG Photonics you can expect challenging projects, a
motivating and friendly environment, and competitive benefits.
IPG Procurement utilizes an international base of suppliers to meet
capital equipment customer requirements.
The Planner/Buyer - Optics is responsible for developing sources
and executing material delivery to support the current
- Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships;
communicate regularly to maintain an understanding of timelines and
activities which impact supply chain
- Act as a primary partner to the manufacturing operation for
area assigned by understanding build schedules and managing supply
chain activities to increase efficiency and eliminate
- Works closely with the Product Line Manager to understand
- Plans and requisitions components and services to planned and
unplanned demand using ERP, Excel and SQL-based tools. Must be well
versed in planning methodology, both ERP-based and manual.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most
- Take responsibility for accurate and on-time delivery of parts
and components; follow-up on PO's with suppliers and manage
delivery date expectations as necessary with all relevant
- Expedites purchase orders to ensure on time delivery of
materials through vendor contact and correspondence.
- Participates in cost reduction plans
- Identify, qualify, and develop new suppliers for existing and
- Source and maintain general use wafer inventory
- Process vendor returns
- Purchase non-inventory items as required
- Negotiate price as well as payment and delivery terms with
- Maintain on-time delivery and keep stakeholders appraised of
changes to schedule
- Develop knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of primary
suppliers to properly advise production on price versus quality
when needed. Monitors supplier performance, communicates and takes
action to maintain high levels of supplier performance.
- Other duties as required
- Clerical support of other group members as required
- Plans and schedules deliveries to optimize inventories in
support of production schedules/business demands by working with
planning, operations and shipping/receiving teams.
Keywords: IPG Photonics, Boston , Planner/Buyer, Optics, Other , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!