Principal Scientist for Cyber Network Defense (CCT)
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Cutting-edge cyber research with real world impact!
We want you to support or lead one or more of our fully-funded DARPA, ONR, IARPA and AFRL funded projects that are developing
1) Autonomic responses for network and host-based defensive cyber operations in production environments
2) Novel solutions for detection and prevention of Internet-scale distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks
3) Scalable network and transport layer protocols to enhance security, resiliency, robustness and performance of complex networks with wired and wireless components
Who we are:
The BAE Systems Cyber & Communications Technologies Research (CCTR) Group is a leading multidisciplinary cyber R&D organization dedicated to meeting critical U.S. Cyber Security and Cyber Warfare needs. CCTR is the cyber R&D engine for all of BAE Systems North America, yet it runs more like a boutique firm. Its the best of both worlds--combining a small-company feel with access to a large companys technology transition paths, customer base, and other resources. CCTR executes a variety of scientific and engineering R&D efforts for the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC). Join us for amazing R&D challenges and work on revolutionary cyber technology that makes a direct real-world impact.
What we offer: Exciting cyber research!
- Exceptional teammates
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- A fun workplace, excellent benefits, and every other Friday off
- Focus on the following technologies:
Cyber Network Defense
Secure high-performance communications systems and protocols
Intrusion detection, cyber network forensics and intrusion prevention systems
Automated wireless network defense systems and protocols
Anonymity and privacy solutions
Authentication and identity solutions
Insider threat detection and prevention
Trusted networking and information sharing
Who You Are :
We are looking for a recent graduate or experienced researcher to work and lead all phases design, development, and experimental analysis of cutting edge cyber R&D efforts. Primary emphasis on the prototyping and experimental analysis of components and end-to-end systems for Cyber Security and Cyber Operations at the host, network, embedded system and enterprise levels .
Additionally you are someone who :
Participates in the design, development, execution and implementation of algorithms and advanced scientific solutions to complex technical problems.
Plans and executes research of complex scope regularly involving multiple disciplines.
- Co-authors / authors external publications (conference papers / presentations, journal articles, books
- Leads business development efforts
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Briefs customers regularly on technical concepts
- Generates ideas for potential proposals and is responsible for sections of proposals
- Establishes relationships with current and potential customers
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Demonstrated experience in the analysis of, design, and development of cryptographic algorithms and security protocols and systems in either a research or production capacity.
research background in at least one of the following:
- Cyber security for Network Design and Protocols Modeling and simulation Machine learning, AI or Big Data skills for network and/or host security analytics
- Knowledge of network fundamentals, cryptographic security algorithms, protocols and tools is required for this position.
- Understand the mechanisms underlying common malicious threats (e.g., DDoS, Man-in-the-Middle Attacks, Replay Attacks) and the means by which these threats are mitigated.
- Possess analytical, writing, and presentation skills sufficient to support publication of research in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- Experience working with machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms is desirable
Strong skills in at least one of the following areas:
- Algorithm development and analysis
- Software engineering and development in C/C++
- Experimentation design and execution
- Writing and presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Masters Degree and 6+ years of professional experience
- Doctorate and 3+ years of professional experience
Active Secret and eligibility for Top Secret security clearance is strongly preferred but not required.
Capability in the following areas is also desirable:
- Familiarity with networking concepts, security standards, and IETF standards
- Knowledge of tools such as Elastic Stack. Bro, Snort, Kali, Splunk, ArcSight
- Knowledge of Internet protocols such as DNS, TCP-IP BGP, OSPF, OLSR, HTTPS, TLS, SSL
- Analysis and implementation or simulation of complex systems and security protocols
- Multi Objective Optimization methods for centralized and distributed computation models
- Experience with C/C++ and Linux/Unix Operating System internals and open source tools
- Comfortable with scripting tools and languages such as Perl, Python and Unix/Bash scripting tools
- Experience with network simulation/emulation tools such as ns2, ns3, CORE, or MATLAB simulations
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Keywords: BAE Systems, Boston, Principal Scientist for Cyber Network Defense (CCT), Other, Burlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!