Environmental Services Asst II - Project Worker/Floor Tech 3-11:30pm
Company: Boston Children's Hospital
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Environmental Services Asst II - Project Worker/Floor Tech
Standard Hours per Week
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients
treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries
made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major
medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues
who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching
hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our
impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Environmental Services
Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours
This Environmental Services Project Worker will be responsible
- Performing hard floor care: dust mops, damp mops, stripping and
refinishing floors; performing spray buffing.
- Cleaning carpets and furniture. vacuuming, doing spot removal
- Cleaning and maintaining assigned areas including stairwells
- Operating electric and battery powered equipment for cleaning
services and rearranging of furniture/equipment.
- Picking up supplies and packing regulated medical waste.
- Wearing protective clothing as required (i.e.: surgery dress
code, medical waste packing, ribavirin and/or isolation
- Responding to floods and other emergencies, drying and cleaning
facilities and equipment as directed.
- Using equipment to respond to emergency as directed and in
accordance with hospital and department protocols to ensure
personal and environmental safety is protected.
To qualify, you must have:
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and a
minimum of one year of experience in institutional
- The ability to operate powered machinery in a safe and
- The ability to understand and respond to moderately complex
written or verbal instructions.
- The ability to respond appropriately to instructions, questions
or requests for information. Contact with patients and/or visitors
which involves courtesy.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external
** Evenings scheduled are variable Monday through Sunday 3pm to
11:30pm. Must work every other weekend and every other
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and
unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental
insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings
plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on
T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status or disability.
Boston Children's Hospital
Keywords: Boston Children's Hospital, Boston , Environmental Services Asst II - Project Worker/Floor Tech 3-11:30pm, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!