Company: Judge Baker Children's Center
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, operates,
maintains, and repairs plant equipment and other related equipment,
such as HVAC, pumps, fans, compressors, refrigerating equipment,
pneumatic controls, valves, heat exchanger vessels, vacuum
producers, pressure reducing and control valves, etc. Need to have
knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills.
Familiarity with building codes highly desirable. The position is
responsible for providing both a clean and safe indoor environment
as well as maintaining the outside grounds in good order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Duties include but are not
limited to, the following:
* Familiarity and comfort with computers and completing research
related to products, vendors, etc. regarding building maintenance
* Make trips as necessary to pick up supplies/materials required
for the building and grounds.
* Familiarity with installed plumbing equipment. Makes emergency
and other necessary repairs. Performs preventative maintenance as
scheduled and necessary and completes repairs as requested and
directed on kitchen equipment, such as pots, dishwasher, steam
kettles, mixing machines, garbage disposals, refrigerators,
* Expected to work independently with a minimal amount of
supervision and input from the Director of Facilities.
* Expected to carry out all emergency procedures of JBCC with or
without the assistance of external vendors.
* Services and keeps in operation HVAC equipment, boilers, and hot
water, air conditioning units. Sets and controls temperatures of
different areas of the physical plant according to documented
facilities operations plans.
* Directs the activities of one or more mechanics regularly while
working jointly with them on projects. Instruct facilities staff on
the job to ensure work is completed accurately and efficiently.
Maintains an accurate list of time and materials used in repairs on
work orders to stay within the department budget.
* Respond to pages and/or cellphone within 15 minutes
* Plan and schedule daily tasks and projects with the Director of
* Maintain shop, tools, and supplies according to department
* Order, issue, and monitor the use of supplies according to
* Maintain records to include progress reports of ongoing projects
* Issue keys as directed by Director of Facilities
* Inspect areas regularly according to documented schedule.
* Secure areas after completing work according to department
* Report broken machinery/equipment to the Director of Facilities
for repair by the end of each day.
* Pick up/Submit daily work orders from/to the Director of
* Evaluates new products and machinery and makes recommendations to
the Director of Facilities as directed and necessary.
* Assists Director of Facilities and may be required to fill in
during Director of Facilities' absence.
* Check emergency generator/operation of pumps etc. according to
* Performs other work of the department as requested.
* On-call 24/7
EOE Statement Judge Baker Children s Center embraces workplace
diversity and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of
opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or
any other protected group status under federal, state or local law.
Judge Baker is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Open Date 10/6/2020
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* High School/ Trade School/ or Equivalent/Certification or
* Four to Six years experience with building maintenance.
* Drivers License
* Flexible and willing to work as a team member.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation)
Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach,
stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear and
be capable of repetitive motion position requires exerting in
excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and or excess of 50
pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects
Work requires close visual acuity
The position is exposed to environmental conditions, activities
occur both inside and outside. The worker is subject to extreme
cold and heat. The worker is subject to noise and vibration. A
worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical
conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving
vehicles, electrical current, working in high places and exposure
to chemicals. Work is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or
more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system
of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases and poor ventilation.
Work may require spending time in close quarters and/or narrow
salary range Full-time position, salary commensurate with
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: Judge Baker Children's Center, Boston , Head Mechanic, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!