Company: Lincoln Labs/MIT
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Rapid Prototyping Group focuses on partnering with mission
area groups across the Laboratory to execute rapid prototyping
efforts. The group works on a large variety of programs delivering
new advanced technology and capabilities in timelines typically
under a year. The group leads mechanical system design and
fabrication, electronics system design and fabrication, systems
engineering, and system integration into aircraft, unmanned
vehicles, small satellites, and other platforms. Job
Comprised of multidisciplinary engineers, the Rapid Prototyping
Group develops, fabricates, and tests a variety of complex imaging
systems, radar systems, communication systems, electronics, and
sensor packages for many different applications and platforms. We
specialize in rapid technology developments, typically delivering
new advanced technology capabilities within 3 to 18 months. We
collaborate closely with divisions and groups across the Laboratory
and team up with the Flight Test Facility to integrate sensors on
various Laboratory airborne systems.
As a result of our tight collaborations, Group 77 is a highly
dynamic group where learning new things, trying to leverage
efficiency-seeking tools, and sharing knowledge is an important
part of our culture. We are currently seeking a business analyst to
be responsible for execution of day-to-day group business
operations and administration, as well as exploring ways to better
forecast and communicate milestones, changes, and resource needs.
The Business Analyst should act as a change agent, encouraging
streamlining of business processes and implementation of laboratory
and/or group specific pilot systems. The Business Analyst will
report to the Group Business Manager and the rest of the Group
Office to facilitate procurements, timesheets, finances, personnel
logistics, property movement, and other business, program, and
Though MIT Lincoln Laboratory is open, remote work policies are
currently in effect. Following Laboratory policies and procedures,
the Business Analyst may be asked to go into the office. With
direction from the Director s Office, the Business Analyst will be
expected to be onsite fulltime during standard operating hours of
8:30 5:00 p.m.
Financial Analysis & Reporting
* Support financial analysis and reporting. Researches requests,
identifies discrepancies, and generates financial reports using
* Develop new and/or leverage established templates and tools to
effectively report actual expenditures, resource needs, and
forecasting for program level activities.
* Demonstrate fundamental understanding of all of the various
factors that contribute to costs.
* Manage data analytics and reporting through Tableau and/or Power
BI platforms for the purpose of generating reports to sponsoring
agencies and/or Group/Division partners across the Laboratory.
* Processes complex procurements. Facilitates and monitors
procurements through receipt and invoicing. Engages as needed with
* Resolves issues that arise throughout the procurement and
* Manages open commitments on programs; works with Group Office to
review and close out open commitments, returning funding to the
* Acts as the point of contact for any order discrepancies or
issues, using LIBRA, SRM, and other contacts to research
* Demonstrates thorough understanding of the procurement
* Monitors subcontractor timesheets and ensures subcontractors are
charging their time to the correct cost center. Responds to
questions or concerns either by research or referral.
* Monitors hours on subcontractor purchase order(s), help with
Labor Distribution Management & entries, and issuing change
order(s) as needed.
Facilities Management & Other Logistics
* Coordinates personnel and/or property moves.
* Support event and test coordination.
* Support personnel travel and/or reimbursement coordination.
* Associate s degree in business or related field or 3 years of
financial / applicable experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
* Proficient in data visualization tools; Microsoft Power BI or
* Proficient in Zoom for Government and Microsoft Teams
* Ability to read and understand financial results/reports
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills,
interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a government security
clearance is required.
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field
* Experience working in technology, science or government
* Experience with contracting
* SAP Business Objects BI Suite
* Analysis for Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic
information; U.S. citizenship is required.
All employees at Lincoln Laboratory are required to obtain and
maintain a security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Keywords: Lincoln Labs/MIT, Boston , Business Analyst, Professions , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!