Digital Lead - Investments and Distribution
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Digital Lead - Investments and Distribution Do you want to be
part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions
and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping
people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of
people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan
for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by
being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs
above all else. We Live Mutual. Description ------ At MassMutual,
we are passionate about helping millions of people find financial
freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing
highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The
Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual's Enterprise Technology
& Experience organization. Digital Experience designs, builds, and
supports MassMutual's digital assets for customers, advisors, and
employees. The organization comprises collaborative,
cross-functional, product-centric teams who like to have fun,
challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative
solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers,
advisors, and employees. To help us achieve our mission, we are
hiring a Digital Lead for Technology to join our team. The Digital
Lead for Technology will collaborate with a Digital Lead for
Product to lead a group of teams supporting investment and
institutional customers. WHAT GREAT LOOKS LIKE IN THIS ROLE Our
ideal Digital Lead for technology is team-oriented, possesses
excellent communication skills, and is highly skilled in
architecture and application development. You have led teams of
engineers in the past and are intimately familiar with and have a
passion for customer-facing digital applications. You know how to
develop and receive buy-in for a long-term technical vision, while
staying abreast and incorporating new developments in technology.
You not only deliver value for customers, but you are also a leader
from whom developers can learn and grow professionally. OBJECTIVES
OF THIS ROLE
- Co-lead a group of Agile teams that are focused on developing
digital applications, with a focus on providing technical expertise
throughout all phases of digital product development.
- Own all aspects of technical strategy, development,
implementation, and support.
- Serve as the chief solution architect for the group of Agile
- Co-lead teams to deliver value to customers through the ongoing
development and enhancement of digital applications.
- Oversee planning, prioritization, and delivery of complex
software development in collaboration with other teams and
- Coach of all members of product-centric Agile teams with a
focus on engineers.
- Drive toward the effective utilization of the latest
technologies, partnering with other Digital Leads and stakeholders,
as well as experts in other areas including Data Science and Data
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take
initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
- Leading and managing highly-skilled, cross-functional Agile
teams with the following roles product owner, scrum expert,
business analyst, software engineers, test lead, and team
- Developing and implementing the technical roadmap for
MassMutual's digital products.
- Collaborating with other Digital Leads and contributing to the
achievement of team goals.
- Communicating with executives and/or key customers and
- Championing innovative opportunities to enhance customer value
by introducing, developing or offering breakthrough products,
services or technology.
- Using considerable judgment and analysis to arrive at technical
recommendations or conclusions.
- Resolving complex technical issues which may have significant
impact extending beyond department/organization.
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence and innovation.
- Coaching and developing engineering talent throughout the
organization through guild leadership and other forums. SKILLS AND
- Bachelor's degree preferred. An advanced degree is
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of technical experience in
software development, with at least 4 years of experience in a
software engineering leadership role managing a team and/or leading
others in a matrixed organization.
- A proven track record of success delivering digital products,
managing Agile teams, and communicating with executive-level
- Prior experience with systems supporting investment, annuity,
or life products preferred.
- Experience building a pipeline of diverse engineering
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience managing and mentoring technical talent, especially
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing and
growing teams, functions, and systems from the ground up.
- An action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to foster an inclusive culture.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now
or in the future. #LI-DNI Why Join Us. We've been around since
1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making
sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and
exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing
the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we
celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages
growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with
MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical
business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice
will always be heard. Recognized as a 2019 World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We
help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As
a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality
and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company
structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people
protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to
share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At
MassMutual, we Live Mutual. MassMutual is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome
all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply,
regardless of their discharge status.-- Posted 2 Days Ago Full time
R8505 About Us At MassMutual, we're fostering an inclusive and
dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are
and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion
is more than a goal, it's the only way forward. --- 100% rating on
the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
--- National Association for Female Executives Top Company for
Executive Women (2018)
--- Disability Equality Index-- (DEI) Best Place to Work for
Disability inclusion (2018)
--- Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
--- Military Friendly Employer (2018)
Keywords: MassMutual, Boston , Digital Lead - Investments and Distribution, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!