Senior Data Analyst
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers
organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services
they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with
automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while
reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been
recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC,
and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight
Partners,--1984.VC, and Newfund. We are looking for a Senior Data
Analyst to join our growing team! You will play a leading role
building out our operational and business-critical performance
monitoring and analytics across all aspects of the company, from
sales to finance to operations to product and growth. In addition,
you'll launch and support a variety of internal and external
projects, and be involved in the continued development of our
in-platform analytics tools and functionality. You are...
- A "numbers person"; you love data, and have a passion for
turning that data into actionable insights for your team and
business partners. When you hear "KPI" your ears perk up and you
start envisioning all the data you'll wrangle to help the team
understand the progress they're making toward their goals.
- Intentionally or not, you always seem to become the go-to
person on the team when someone has a sticky data situation or
needs guidance on the best visualization for illustrating a point.
You might have strong opinions on the use of pie charts.
- Able to listen beyond what someone is asking for to what they
actually NEED and what problems they are looking to solve, rather
than just taking orders. You want to understand the "why" of a
report before you build it.
- A self-starter in approaching problem-solving; you're tenacious
and like to figure out the "how" on your own once you understand
the "what" and "why" behind a challenge.
- Excited about technology and how the digital ecosystem is
evolving; you're even more excited about how tools can help people
be more effective and efficient.
- A team player - you love to pitch in and collaborate with team
members at all levels of an organization, and don't view many tasks
as "someone else's job".
- Able to compromise when it makes sense, but you have strength
in your convictions -- backed up by data, of course.
- Enthusiastic about driving outcomes and take pride in
supporting other teams in achieving their goals. In this role, you
- Build useful and actionable dashboards and monthly reports to
help executives and directors manage their business and team
performance. You'll be a key part of how we meet and exceed our
internal and external KPIs.
- Support projects with teams across the company; from sales to
marketing to product to vendor ops, you'll know the value drivers
for the business and help each team to monitor, understand, and
continuously improve their performance
- Manage assigned small- and large-scale projects from inception
- Help us to define, maintain, and optimize our internal and
external analytics and reporting. We want to get better each day
and look forward to learning from you on ways to do that! Key
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of data analysis experience
- Experience with one or more data analysis tools / analytics
suites (e.g. Tableau, SQL, OracleBI, SAS, Domo, Google Data Studio,
advanced Excel, Looker, R, Pandas, etc.)
- Bonus points for experience reviewing, cleaning, and
pre-processing data or partnering with Data Science counterparts
for further analysis.
- Passion for startup environments and excitement about taking on
challenges (on occasion) which fall outside the description here.
We're growing rapidly and want you to grow with us!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You love
helping other people understand not just the outputs and insights,
but the background behind any analysis you produce.
- Comfort with and excitement about working with a distributed
team. While this role will primarily interface with our team
headquartered in Boston, we are all working remote for now; in the
future, we anticipate flexibility to work from home/remotely when
you need it. Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B
co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for
exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a
global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry.
Come soar to new heights with us! Fairmarkit is an equal
opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the
job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race,
religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry,
national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability,
pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Fairmarkit, Boston , Senior Data Analyst, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!