Analyst, Application Systems
Company: AAA Club Alliance
Posted on: February 25, 2021
AAA is hiring for an Application System Analyst to join our
team! This position will be responsible for serving as the AAA Club
Alliance point of contact for designated Business Applications and
the primary liaison between business stakeholders, IT technical
teams and vendors. This role executes the technical roadmaps for
the applications, and collaborates with business product owners and
vendors on functional roadmaps. What We Can Offer You: AAA is a
great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with
challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified
candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Annual Bonus Eligibility + Annual Merit Increase
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: 3+
weeks of--Paid Time Off during the first year,--401k with up to a
7% employer match , Health & Life Insurance,--Tuition
Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
- Employee discounts on various AAA products and services, as
well as discounts with select AAA retail and discount partners. The
primary duties of the Application Systems Analyst are to:
- Serve as primary point of contact for designated systems with
systems vendors as applicable. Act as primary liaison between
vendors, system administrators, and key operators to ensure
effective delivery of requested updates and future development
needs. Assist in determining future hardware and software
requirements for the brand, as well as obtain relevant pricing for
vendor products and services.
- With guidance from the lead, develop application roadmaps in
collaboration with business product owners, vendors and IT SMEs.
Own the technical roadmaps to ensure the applications are staying
current on underlying technology platforms and their versions.
- Maintain up to date documentation of the assigned systems,
including technical designs, operating procedures and deployment
- Act as Solution Architect on application projects; translate
business and technical requirements into solution designs in
collaboration with project stakeholders (business SMEs, internal IT
SMEs, vendor technical resources). Leverage tools such as context
diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and technical deployment
diagrams to document solution scope and designs. Assist the project
team members in delivering the solution in accordance with IT
standards and ensures the solution can meet business needs.
- Serve as a top-tier application support escalation point to the
business stakeholders and IT management in accordance with the
System Support Structure. Assume ownership of, and track key
support issues; spearhead issue resolution with internal ACA
resources and/or vendor resources as appropriate.
- Consult with other members of IT to identify the impact of
ancillary changes in the IT landscape and mitigate systems
- Test changes as they relate to their systems, coordinate
appropriate time for least impact on the business and ensures
proper communication has been released prior to change. Initiate
and execute change management as needed.
- Develop Incident Response Plans, and lead root cause analysis
of support issues to assess trends and opportunities for solution
and process improvements.
- Maintain assigned applications' compliance, including relevant
documentation, and validation of review findings with internal and
external audit organizations.
- Maintain institutional knowledge of the business application(s)
and corresponding data. Develop and maintain best practices for
supporting applications, and looks for ways to optimize IT
processes for continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all
departments and levels of management within the company to provide
a proper environment for supporting existing systems.--
- Assist Business product owners and IT teams in developing
business cases and project cost & effort estimates for new projects
during annual planning/as needed. Work with Business Relationship
Management and Enterprise Architecture teams to proactively
identify solutions that may be adjacent to the applications they
- Establish and maintain IT operating procedures for the
applications, including systems monitoring and alerts.
- With guidance from lead, coordinate system capacity planning
processes for the applications and ensure the underlying
infrastructure capacity can support the business growth needs and
- Guide QA team to develop testing scripts/automated tests and
execute load, performance and regression testing activities.--
- Participate in user community of practice activities to
understand usage of the application and optimize the solution
- Collaborate with other clubs to share tips/tricks, best
practices and lessons learned.
- Maintain understanding of industry trends, best practices, and
competitive capabilities and assess impact (challenges,
opportunities) to AAA Club Alliance's business operations.
- Work with Business and IT teams to plan and test disaster
recovery procedures annually/as needed. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) or equivalent in Computer Sciences,
Business Administration, or related field.
- 3-5+ years of applicable IT experience; 3+ years in application
delivery, and support.
- Experience with multi-system architectures, system redundancy
design and implementations is preferred.
- Experience with Insurance or Travel systems preferred.
- Ability to interact and build effective working relationships
at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and consolidate requirements
from cross-functional groups.
- Must possess analytical and investigative skills, excellent
interpersonal communication skills with the ability to write
technical documents understandable to non-IT staff.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms such as MS
Hyper-V or VMWare and Linux OS is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing
timelines. If you have the qualities and skills described, apply
today to become a part of our growing team! To learn more about our
company and the position, please visit Our Company Website ,
AAAClubAlliance.jobs . At AAA Club Alliance, we've been driven for
more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside
assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same
commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the
reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it's the
company's positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment,
excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy;
their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important
of all, they get to make a difference every day. AAA Club Alliance
Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work
environment. EOE/M/F/D/V This Organization participates in
E-Verify: Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:-- AAA
Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic, AAA Allied Group,
and AAA Oklahoma/South Dakota joining, now representing nearly six
million members in 13 states and Washington, DC. We are always
looking for talented people who will commit with us to provide
exceptional service, peace of mind and savings to our Members. Our
Associates make the difference each day in the lives of our
Members. We encourage you to learn more about us and apply to
positions for which you are interested and qualified. Click on the
Careers Home page to follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook
, and create job alerts to be the first to know when positions that
meet your interests become available at AAA Club Alliance. AAA Club
Alliance complies with federal, state and local disability laws and
makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with
disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, please direct your inquiries to
Keywords: AAA Club Alliance, Boston , Analyst, Application Systems, Professions , Wilmington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!