Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment
and gaming company. It's simple, at DraftKings, we believe life's
more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, we're committed to
responsibly creating the world's favorite games and betting
experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the
globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a
technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and
think you will too. Building the possibilities. We're growing
rapidly. As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us lead
the SRE team to ensure DraftKings services run continuously and
smoothly as we bring game-changing experiences to our users.
DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the
tech industry, and when you join our team, you'll have the
opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our
products. What you will do as a Lead SRE:
- Lead our SRE team efforts across multiple projects
- Take ownership and contribute to decisions related to product
deployment, monitoring, alerting, escalations, and
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef,
Terraform, and Docker.
- Define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being
created to support our rapid traffic growth.
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to
enforce application SLAs
- Create platform-as-a-service environments where entire subsets
of our architecture can be created and destroyed cleanly and
- Regularly review processes, identify inefficiencies, and
improve to reduce the manual efforts by automation.
- Provide guidelines and/or technical assistance to
- Also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow
DraftKings to operate at a massive scale. Skills you will use:
- 3+ years of experience with cloud environments and provisioning
- Deep understanding of common scripting languages (Ruby, Python,
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented language
(Java, .C#, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to
debug issues down to the packets.
- Experience leading engineering teams and guiding technology
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Past experience in Incident Management and a 24x7 team managing
large scale software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems and the challenges with
operating them as they scale.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, familiarity with Bitbucket,
Bamboo, and Octopus Deploy. Who are we a good fit for? We love
working with talented people but more than that, we seek out
compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work
moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative
solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that
sounds good to you, join us. Apply now As a technology company at
our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from
diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We
consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to
ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our
employees, and the customers we serve. We're proud to believe that
your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation,
status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a
disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices.
We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If
you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings. You
may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory
agencies. Apply Now Resume (docx/pdf and Yes, DraftKings can
contact me about future job opportunities for up to 2 years.
role may require a gaming license issued by the appropriate state
Keywords: DraftKings, Boston , Lead Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!