Inventory Control Coordinator
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Picks parts and kits materials for use in the Single-Use production
area based on production bills of materials. Responsible for the
flow of cleanroom inventory into and out of a warehouse, including
storage, maintenance, loading and shipment. Oversee all cleanroom
activities related to inventory control within a warehouse
environment and ensure that all materials are properly stored.
Maintaining inventory and interacting with various departments to
support inventory capacity. Manages and reconciles all cycle counts
and physical inventories. Boxes finished assemblies according to
the part specific protocol, palletizes, and moves materials to
appropriate storage location.
- Full-Time Health Benefits on Your First Day!
- Competitive Time off Package (PTO and Holidays)
- Employee Stock Options
- Retirement Plan Options with company match
- Direct Hire
We have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift available: 2nd and 3rd shift will
receive shift differential.
- 1st shift: M-Thurs, 5:30am-4pm
- 2nd shift: M-Thurs, 3:45pm-2:15am
- 3rd shift: Fri-Sun, 6am-6:30pm
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Kits single-use production jobs by following the bill of
materials, picks component materials from "approved for use"
warehouse bin locations, uses FIFO, and returns unused materials to
the proper bin location.
- Performs ERP system bin transfers as appropriate. Performs
standard ERP system transactions for issuing of materials to
production as appropriate.
- Boxes finished assemblies using appropriate instructions or
protocol. Palletizes and transports materials to appropriate
- Responsible for assisting completion of all cycle counts
- Prepares and maintains all inventory records.
- Assist with investigations on inventory shortages and
- Responsible for putting away inventory.
- Participates and works within ISO 9001-2008 quality standards
guidelines in all manufacturing areas in accordance with company
quality goals; including maintaining product quality
- Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Organizes and cleans work area daily to comply with regulatory
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School completion or equivalent (GED); Associate's degree
- 2-5 years of experience in an inventory related position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Forklift certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve,
and work as part of a team
- Knowledge of inventory management procedures and general
- Basic math skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office with
proficiency in Word and Excel
- Self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision and
ability to understand and complete projects and tasks
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described
here are representative of those an associate encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed
to an industrial warehouse environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the
working day. The physical requirements of the job are the ability
to routinely lift, pull or push objects of up to 50 pounds with or
without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of
Keywords: Avantor, Boston , Inventory Control Coordinator, Professions , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!