Benefits Consultant (Remote)(East Coast)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Bennie is an employee benefits platform that helps companies create
a healthier workplace. We provide technology and services that are
beyond what growing companies typically receive, yet exactly what
they need. Our goal is to provide high quality company benefits
through an engaging platform, while empowering employees to
leverage their benefit options easily and effectively.
At Bennie, we're creating an environment where our people can
learn, thrive and move our mission forward. Our team is fully
remote across the United States, and we also have offices in
Stamford, CT and downtown Manhattan. Bennie is committed to not
only helping companies create healthier workplaces, but also
building a better world. 1% of the company's equity has been
pledged to supporting community and health-related causes, so as
the company grows, so does the size and scope of our commitment.
Our Bennie team owns our company and our culture. We prize
diversity of thought and expertise within our team-and we're always
looking for amazing people to help us do and be more.
About the Role:
The Benefits Consultant is responsible for ongoing client strategy,
service, and ultimately retention. This includes assessing client
needs, managing relationships with insurance carrier and general
agent partners, managing and placing client benefit programs, and
partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure client success.
This individual should have experience working in benefits
consulting, managing a book of clients, and working with insurance
carriers & vendors to build benefit solutions for those clients.
The ideal candidate is someone excited to join a startup, use their
benefits industry knowledge to help define a new generation of
benefits consulting services, and be willing to expand
responsibilities outside of this job description when
- Partnering with sales consultants to ensure smooth transition
of new clients into the Bennie ongoing consulting service
- Owning a book of clients and working to ensure their success at
- Driving client benefits strategy on an ongoing basis
- Developing & managing relationships with insurance industry
- Coordinating discussions & conversations as needed between
clients and insurance industry partners
- Working with external partners & carriers to help drive
projects related to benefits program service delivery
- Working with internal stakeholders (Product, Engineering,
Operations) to communicate client needs and help them develop
solutions for efficient client service.
- 3 + years of industry experience in a Benefits Consulting firm,
Broker and/or Health Insurance Carrier
- You must have Life & Health Producer's License
- Demonstrated track record of selling Benefits Consulting or
something indicating managing a book of business
- Deep understanding of health and other employee benefits
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of MS excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of renewal management process and underwriting
- Team leadership and/or project leadership experience
- Experience working with today's leading HR/Benefits technology
- Experience in both large- and small- group benefits
We believe in comprehensive benefits and perks that provide total
wellness solutions. We offer excellent healthcare choices, and lots
of other great perks!
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-First, work from anywhere
- 401(k) plan
- Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bennie, we continually celebrate the diverse community different
individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay
true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and
grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: Bennie, Boston , Benefits Consultant (Remote)(East Coast), Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!