Cyber Security Analyst
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description:--The Cyber Security Analyst (CSA) is responsible
for assisting with the day-to-day operations of securing the firm's
various information systems. Reporting to the Information Security
Manager, the CSA is tasked with providing technical expertise in
all areas of network, system, and application security. The CSA
works closely with the various teams in the Information Technology
department to ensure that systems and networks are always designed,
developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong,
effective security and risk management controls. The CSA leads the
firm's vulnerability management program, manages the annual
cybersecurity assessments and penetration tests, and researches and
reports on emerging threats, to help the firm take pre-emptive risk
mitigation steps. The CSA effectively correlates and analyzes
security events within the context of AEW's unique environment to
proactively detect threats and mitigate attacks before they
- Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement
steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur.
- Provides technical expertise regarding security-related
concepts to operational teams within the Information Technology
Department and the business.
- Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the
- Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or
- Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging
- Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value
for the enterprise.
- Conducts vulnerability assessments of firm systems and
- Manage systems owned by the Information Security Team.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent industry training and
- Three to five years of experience in a security analyst or
- Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as
firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and
desktop and server operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft's enterprise technology
platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, Office365, and
the Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Proficiency with Windows PowerShell.
- Working experience with the following technology vendors and
products: Splunk Cloud, Rapid7 Nexpose Vulnerability Scanner,
Sophos Antivirus, Varonis DatAlert, ForeScout CounterACT.
- Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to articulate
security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and
- Working experience with creating, implementing, and managing a
threat hunting program within a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security
and compliance frameworks such as NIST, Cobit, and ISO.
- Be a proficient problem-solver that is able to work
- One or more of the following certifications: CEH, CISM, CompTIA
Security+, CISSP, GSEC
- Experience with managing and securing both on-premise and
hosted systems and applications.
- Experience with application and database security.
AEW Capital Management is an affirmative action-equal opportunity
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Keywords: AEW, Boston , Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!