Company: Flowtec Engineering GmbH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Lead and based in Boston,
MA, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing,
designing, testing and deploying electrical products and
capabilities. Work with other engineers (mechanical and software
among other functions) and project managers to perform research,
design and deliver state-of-the-art open ocean video and monitoring
systems and technology. This position also supports business
development by participating in bid and proposal preparation.
The majority of the current work is focused on subsea
instrumentation, including real time monitoring and imaging.
The span of work for the electrical engineering group is broad, The
work includes the design and analysis of power systems, digital
electronics and sensors, internet-based communication networks, and
the integration of commercial equipment into solutions which also
include PLC-based subsystems. Given the cutting-edge nature of the
open ocean aquaculture market, while the work is focused on
commercialization solutions, it also has an R&D aspect to
Some specifics of the position:
- Perform top-level system design decisions. Establish hardware
requirements and ensure coherent flow-down of specifications and
design concepts to lower-level assemblies.
- Perform day-to-day electrical engineering activities including
analysis, design, integration and test. Identify issues early in
the design process and initiate corrective action to maintain
- Travel to R&D aquaculture farm sites to deploy and validate
equipment in the field
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of
Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Ocean, and Naval Engineers
- Adhere to electrical engineering processes and design
- Support the business development process by participating bid
and proposal preparation
- Additionally Performs firmware coding and tests/debugs firmware
programs according to given specifications.
- Integration and verification of the designs
- Supporting the transition to manufacturing and product release
Required Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of success in electrical engineering
efforts, performing analysis and design, and integration and test
of board-level and product level solutions.
- PCB layout following design guidelines is a plus
- Experience embedded and microcontroller firmware development
(Atmel, STMicro, Microchip, Arduino)
- Experience with engineering development life-cycle, supporting
products in production, and part design
- Experience with lower power design for battery operated
- Experience with software languages and platforms such as
Python, C++, R, JAVA, or MATLAB is a plus
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) experience is a plus.
- Experience with highspeed digital designs, SATA, PCIe, Gigabit
- Experience with Ethernet switching, networking, IoT device
- Knowledge of best practices for agency compliance,
- Experience with Altium Designer a plus
- Familiarity with common communications protocols (SPI, I2C,
CAN, USB, RS-232) Education
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Design for Manufacturability and Design for Test
- Good writing, communication, organization and interpersonal
- Some travel will be required to both domestica and
- Comfortable with the in the marine environment.
- Experience with field testing in remote locations and sea time
is a plus.
- Ability to scuba dive or prior dive certification and
experience, while not required, is a plus.
Keywords: Flowtec Engineering GmbH, Boston , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!