Associate Director, Transportation
Company: Chewy, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, results oriented
-Associate Director, Outbound Transportation to join our exciting,
fast paced team in Boston, MA. Our team is growing and if you are
equally passionate about supply chain, e-commerce and career
growth, an opportunity at Chewy may be a great match! As an
Associate Director of Outbound Transportation, you will lead a team
from our Dania Beach office responsible for the following
Transportation initiatives: modal optimization balancing speed and
cost, financial management of parcel carriers, statistical deep
dives of parcel failure modes, developing tools to help operations
hit performance targets, carrier negotiations, network planning,
peak capacity planning, and carrier delivery performance. - This is
a rare opportunity to work side by side with smart, passionate, and
highly motivated entrepreneurs in an amazing environment as we work
together to create a household name. You will be involved in many
aspects of building the business and will not be limited by the
small-minded bureaucracy typically found in larger companies. -We
are looking for someone who has the personality, passion,
excitement, and drive to succeed!
What You'll Do:
- Manage carrier performance, strategy, and carrier network
planning for all customer orders at Chewy.
- Manage direct reports as well as aspects of hiring and
- Manage a team of Analysts and Program Managers.
- Manage carrier financials, negotiations, and parcel
- Responsible for all small parcel spend at Chewy.
- Work with Fulfillment Centers, Customer Service, Technology,
Sales and Operations Planning, and executive leadership to identify
areas of opportunity to improve total delivery experience to
- Work with IT to develop/enhance systems to help achieve
transportation processes and automate manual processes. -
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Business
Administration or Business Management.
- 6-8+ years of Supply Chain/Transportation experience.
- Current managerial responsibility of a team of 3+.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional stake holders,
influence decisions, and recommend a course of action based on data
- Ability to drive process improvement by implementing checks and
balances and identifying process steps that can be
- Detail oriented and possess superior organizational,
self-motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Tenacity pursuing carrier performance issues and strong sense
of urgency to correct/improve.
- Previous transportation negotiation experience on large
contracts is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in transportation, operations management,
truckload, and small parcel networks.
- Ability to think strategically about carrier networks, both
short and long term.
- Solid understanding of data analysis including advanced
proficiency with Excel, SQL, Access, and Tableau.
- Proven leader, record of building teams, creating metrics and
- E-commerce background is a requirement.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace
diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact . -
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: -).
Keywords: Chewy, Inc., Boston , Associate Director, Transportation, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!