Program Evaluation Analyst
Company: Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: POSITION: Program Evaluation
AnalystREPORTS TO: Chief Education OfficerSTART DATE: ASAPDURATION:
Full-timeLOCATION: Thompson Island - Boston, MA ABOUT THE ROLEThe
Program Evaluation Analyst will join Thompson Island Outward Bound
Education Center (TIOBEC)'s growing Programs team and support
efforts related to the measurement of implementation and outcomes,
program continuous improvement, and overall program evaluation.
TIOBEC seeks a candidate who has the passion and skills to help
evaluate and improve our programming, develop and implement systems
for data management and use, support our efforts in thought
leadership, and provide project management on various department
projects. This role requires strong organizational skills, project
and data management skills, knowledge of program evaluation
methodology and measurement practices, creativity and consistency
in establishing and maintaining data and evaluation systems, and
the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and
- Collaborate with Program Leadership and project teams to
identify key success metrics; develop, implement, and maintain
systems for tracking, analyzing, and reporting success metrics to
various stakeholders, including TIOBEC leadership and Board of
- Maintain and continuously improve a robust system for tracking
metrics and data requirements for TIOBEC grants, reporting
rigorously and timely when needed.
- Create a data-driven culture and decision-making environment
that helps improve real-time program delivery and identify best
- Implement rigorous systems for data collection, management,
use, and reporting; collect, clean, and organize evaluation and
continuous improvement data, such as: student attendance, dosage
and graduation status; survey and observation data on student
learning and program quality; and external databases on students
and alumni (e.g., Student Information Systems (SIS) National
Student Clearinghouse data on alumni postsecondary enrollment,
persistence, and completion).
- Analysis and reporting of key program indicators (e.g.,
attendance, retention, recruitment, and implementation);
- Create and use surveys to collect data on TIOBEC student
experience, student attrition and alumni success.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of all data required by
stakeholders, including Outward Bound, Boston After School &
Beyond, and funders.
- Lead the reporting, use and review of data for program
improvement and practitioner development (e.g. quarterly BASB data
(PRISM); Outward Bound Professional Learning Lab Data (OBOS), and
- Partner with the Program Admin team to manage and monitor the
Program Management Database (our internal online database),
including data entry, as well as train and support staff on its
- Obtain National Institute on Out-of-School Time (NIOST),
Outward Bound Professional Learning Lab observation certifications
and participate in Boston Afterschool & Beyond's (BASB) Observer
Network on behalf of TIOBEC.
- Support TIOBEC's thought leadership efforts by contributing to
research articles, conference presentations/talks, white papers or
briefs, and various types of external reports, as needed.
- Support the broader Programs team in providing supports to
other departments as needed through independent projects
- Provide project management for various key efforts across the
department, as necessary.
- As needed, conduct research of topics to inform program
implementation and improvement.
- Support sustainability of program and organizational efforts by
helping to develop funding proposals (e.g., student research,
professional development, and organization capacity)
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of youth,
particularly those who are underserved, recent immigrants, and/or
face barriers to success;
- 3+ years of quantitative and/or qualitative research experience
- A Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience is required;
Master's degree preferred
- Proficiency with Excel; familiarity with statistical
- Experience with Salesforce, Power BI, or other data
- Excellent writing skills; grant writing experience a plus
- Highly organized; action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable,
- Sincere interest to work collaboratively with an energized,
committed and creative team;
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced work
environment, in which priorities and goals can change, sometimes at
a rapid pace;
- A team player with a growth mindset, strong communication
skills, and a commitment to excellence, respect, and
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems, offering creative,
innovative and flexible solutionsMust be currently vaccinated
against COVID-19 up to CDC guidanceCOMPENSATION AND
BENEFITSCompetitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Employer-sponsored health insurance with the option to select
between two comprehensive, valuable plans. Premier dental plan.
401(k) retirement plan with competitive match. Generous paid time
off including, vacation, holidays, personal days, parental and sick
leave. Flexible scheduling, pursuant to position. Work that engages
a diverse and dynamic community of educators and other
professionals, with the shared vision of shaping a better future
for Boston youth.Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center is
an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks staff as diverse
as the communities it serves. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center, Boston , Program Evaluation Analyst, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!