Information Assurance Engineer/Technical Analyst Security Rule SME
Posted on: May 16, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is looking for an Information
Assurance Engineer / Technical Analyst Security Rule SME at
multiple customer sites around the US. Location options include:
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Denver, Los
Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Please
note there is no relocation.
This is a multi-year contract with anticipated start in
mid-2022.Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviews security and privacy complaints, data breach
notification and cybersecurity incident reports, and other
correspondence and evidence to determine whether the complaint,
self-report or breach notification report indicates non-compliance
with the HIPAA Security Rule. Reviews data provided by the
healthcare organizations across the nation to assess the overall
impact of security and privacy incidents.
- Evaluates and determines the technical sufficiency of
submissions from HIPAA covered entities and business associates in
response to data and documentation requests (i.e. Assessing reports
related to security baselines, penetration tests, vulnerability
assessments, and digital forensics). Develop reports summarizing
the analysis along with formulating recommendations for OCR to
consider for future action.
- Develops written reports with technical security analyses,
summaries, and recommendations for action.
- Provides subject matter expert analysis, evaluation, and
recommendations based on national security standards (NIST),
industry best practices (ISO) and implementation specifications of
the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Provides expert guidance in designing, implementing, and
managing information security, data protection, and risk management
programs, including policies, procedures, and controls for
protected health information based on HIPAA requirements.
- Provides advisory expertise in the areas of risk analyses,
vulnerability assessments, incident response, security
architecture, physical security, business continuity and disaster
recovery, enterprise mobility, threat intelligence and analysis,
security awareness and online safety, and resolution of highly
complex security projects and issues.
- Expert in the development and evaluation of health information
privacy policies and technologies, specifically regarding protected
health information; de-identified / re-identified health
information; limited data setsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related
discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with at
least 8 years of professional experience of specific, hands-on
experience actually doing work described in the preceding
- In-depth experience with security domains and industry best
practices; business continuity and disaster recovery, supply chain
and third party management; and up to date on evolving
cyber-threats, defense strategies, and emerging technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate and communicate highly technical matter to
a non-technical audience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification
Rules, other Security regulations, and industry best practices and
standards (NIST, ISO, Sarbanes-Oxley, FISMA, COBIT).
- Proficiencies in: Information governance and risk management,
threat and vulnerability management, vendor management,
infrastructure, security architecture for traditional, wireless,
and cloud-hosted networks, cryptography/encryption protocols,
business continuity and disaster recovery, social engineering and
awareness training methodologies.
- Master's degree in computer science, Information Technology,
Cybersecurity or related field.
- Industry certification preferably CISSP, CISM, and
CIPM/CIPP/CIPT.Location options include: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago,
Dallas, Washington, D.C., Denver, Los Angeles, New York City,
Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Please note there is no
relocation.Please note the approved salary for this position will
be around $120,000.MEGAPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, Boston , Information Assurance Engineer/Technical Analyst Security Rule SME, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!