Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting
services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions
through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting;
Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences;
Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
RDK Engineers, an NV5 Company, has specialized in providing
high-quality HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection,
telecommunications, audio visual, electronic security,
commissioning, and energy and sustainability engineering services
for over 100 years.
We bring to NV5 a team of more than 190 multi-disciplined engineers
and administrative professionals located in Andover, Amherst, and
Boston, MA, as well as Durham and Charlotte, NC. RDK delivers total
building solutions to leading businesses and institutions
nationwide and has registered professional engineers in over 40
RDK's innovative designs incorporate the use of a wide variety of
cutting edge, environmentally conscious technologies. Nearly 20% of
our staff members are LEED Accredited Professionals and have
completed over 140+ LEED certified, platinum, gold and silver
projects. RDK is also a corporate member of the U.S. Green Building
In June 2017, we joined NV5 to add additional resources and expand
our ability to serve our clients. While our look will be changing,
our commitment to delivering value and expertise to our clients
will not. We are now a part of NV5, and together we will continue
to develop solutions that enable our clients to achieve more.
NV5 is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide
technical leadership for the mechanical team and oversee
development and quality review of plans, specifications, reports,
and cost estimates on a number of concurrent projects. The Senior
Mechanical Engineer will participate in project pursuit interviews
and discuss system concept options with the client in the early
stages of the design process. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will
interact positively with clients and develop relationships. The
Senior Mechanical Engineer will mentor more junior engineers and
designers. Responsibilities are as follows:Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts by
developing project approach, scope of services and budgets based on
similar project experience and historical budgeting information,
and by participating in client interviews.
- Assists Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules,
and budgets to complete work on time and profitably.
- Plays major role in conceptualizing design of projects.
- Visits project sites to confirm existing conditions, gather
information, meet with clients, and observe construction; overnight
travel may be required.
- Conducts quality control review of responsible HVAC Engineer's
design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates to ensure
compliance with contract requirements.
- Is able to lead the design of unique and complex projects.
- Diagnoses system performance problems, prepare course of
action, and implement the course of action to provide an
appropriate solution or resolution to the problem.
- Maintains knowledge of current building codes.
- Develops the design, Construction Documents and cost estimates
for a limited number of concurrent projects.
- Performs calculations as well as operates various software
packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Specifies engineering systems based on project parameters.
- Prepares studies, drawings or sketches as required.
- Performs whatever small tasks need to be done from time to time
to assist the office in meeting deliverable commitments.
- Communicates with clients or architects to resolve issues with
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, from an
ABET-accredited engineering program, with some cooperative
educational experience. In the absence of a BSME, may consider
applicants with equivalent combination of work experience and
education.Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of the engineering
principles in the mechanical discipline he/she is designing.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of specific on-the-job
experience in the consulting engineering field including developing
plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty.
- EIT (Fundamentals of Engineering Examination) is required.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
skills.Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant
- PE (Professional Engineer) License not required, but
- Ability to also design plumbing systems is highly valued.
- Ability to use AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit productively is highly
- Project experience and relationships in the healthcare, science
& technology, higher education, corporate, and government markets
are highly valued.NV5 offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO,
401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Boston , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Professions , Andover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!