Company: Limbach Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We Are---Since our founding in 1901, Limbach's primary core
value has always been: We Care.
We Care about you as a person: your safety, career, development,
and the local community.
We Care to impact diversity in construction to create a
collaborative work environment focused on generating a sense of
belonging and accomplishment.
Limbach Company LLC, a subsidiary of Limbach Holdings, Inc.,
(NASDAQ: LMB) is an integrated building systems solutions firm
whose expertise is the design, installation, management, service,
and maintenance of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and
We engineer, construct, and service the mechanical, plumbing, air
conditioning, heating, building automation, electrical and control
systems in both new and existing buildings and infrastructure. We
work for building owners in the private, not-for-profit, and
Our vision is to create value for building owners targeting
opportunities for long term relationships.
Our purpose is to create great opportunities for people.
We carry out our vision and purpose through a commitment to our
four core values---
- We Care
- We Act with Integrity
- We Are Innovative
- We Are Accountable
Benefits & Perks...(Available on 1st Day of Employment)
- Full portfolio of medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Industry-leading 401K plan with company match.
- HSA, FSA, and life insurance offerings.
- Flexible work schedules with a focus on work/life balance.
- Robust learning & development program.
- Career pathing flexibility.
This Position---The Project Engineer is under the supervision of
the Project Manager.
Some examples of the work you might do includes:
- Reviews and understands the complete scope of a given
- Reviews plans, specifications, and other contract documents
pertaining to a project.
- Attends project kickoff and peer review meetings (where
applicable) with the Project Manager and team.
- Develops detailed project schedules, and provides input for the
owner's/general contractor's schedule to ensure access to perform
all work in the most expeditious and productive manner
- Tracks equipment, material, labor, subcontract, and other
miscellaneous project-related costs.
- Assists with the development of shop drawings and coordination
of planning efforts with other trades.
- Schedules material purchases, and reviews purchase orders to
ensure materials meet specifications.
- Develops piping, plumbing, or sheet metal trade construction
standards for projects with our planners.
- Communicates the project schedule, manpower loading, and labor
cost unit and dollars for the project to key internal stakeholders.
Reviews and discusses these items with supervisors on a regular
- Assembles, reviews, and transmits vendor and subcontractor
material and equipment submittals for distribution to the
contractor, architect, or engineer for review and approval.
- Calculates progress invoices, ensures positive cash flow,
reduces retention cost, and collects payments.
- Reviews revised contract documents, and negotiates/finalizes
changes in cost with owners or contractors.
- Maintains "as built" records and drawings to help document
- Tracks project costs on a weekly basis, makes adjustments, and
books proceed and change orders.
- Creates commissioning schedules that include pressure test,
system cleanings, equipment checkout and start up, system
balancing, and owner training.
- Prepares and delivers operations/maintenance manuals and
warranty letters for contract closeout.
- Ensures all site work is done safely and adheres to the safety
guidelines of the Company.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need---
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Construction, Engineering, or
- Previous construction-based internship preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction process and related
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in
writing) with diverse audiences.
- Proficient in computer programs utilized for spreadsheet
calculations and word processing.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and able to
multitask/manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend meetings and conduct
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the
Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the "Hearts & Minds" safety
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we
CARE, we act with INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are
- This position operates primarily in an office environment, and
routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers,
phones, copiers, and printers.
- Work duties may also necessitate visits to/walk throughs of
local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to outside
weather and conditions/hazards typically associated with a
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform
repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual
acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible
exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed by the individual who assumes this role, not
an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time, with or without notice, as
business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position. Limbach Facility Services LLC is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Limbach Company, Boston , Project Engineer, Professions , Wilmington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!