Business Intelligence Architect
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Department Description: Seeking BI Architect for Beth Israel
Lahey Health (BILH).
Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to
harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff
members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects
that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization
effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects,
and other job duties, as needed.Job Location: Boston,
MassachusettsReq ID: 45623BR
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence Architect is a member of
BILH's Enterprise Data and Analytics team. This role uses
HealthCare Domain knowledge to assist and work closely with the
leadership Team in designing, architecting and developing Business
Intelligence solutions catering to the current landscape across
different EPIC and non-EPIC hospitals and bringing the Business
Intelligence solutions together to serve the Enterprise.
BI Architect manages both EPIC and non-EPIC report developers and
Business Intelligence technologists and interfaces with business
teams and other Technologists to develop the right solutions for
the business that are flexible and scalable.
He / She must be a self-driven individual who can work with
Analytics Business Partners, Data Architects, Technology leads,
Developers and stakeholders across the health system and mentor
other data analysts, Data Engineers, Report writers on Analytics
and Reporting in the team. The individual in this role must bring a
strong combination of Business, Architecture, and Technology acumen
and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of
both the business and technology
- Responsible for the Architecture and design for EPIC Analytics
Framework ' Reporting workbench, Slicer Dicer etc. and Business
Intelligence systems using Power BI.
- Responsible for managing a team of senior report developers and
Analytics developers both on the EPIC clinical and non-clinical
side and the Teams using BI Reporting tools like Power BI.
- Working closely with Data Engineering Team to define the
requirements for Data Migration and data warehousing for scalable
report development. Uses a hands-on approach to provide solutions
and will follow standard project lifecycle and development
- Has Exposure to IoT data sets, NoSQL data bases and Data
Services using API's. Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art
Analytics technology frameworks, and good understanding of setting
up Cloud and On-Prem reporting ecosystems.
- Develop best practices and routines to ensure for the data
accuracy and integrity. Monitor and manage existing reporting
inventory to enhance reusability and gaining economies of
- Good understanding on the Administration and functioning of
Analytics and Reporting tools. Design EPIC Analytics Framework and
add enhancements to the existing RWB and EPIC reports as business
- Work collaboratively with different teams to smoothly slide the
project from various environments to production. Expertise in
creating Analytics Frameworks on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
using Tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Effectively analyze, troubleshoots issues, defects encountered
in applications and follow-up with vendor support team on product
- Perform reports evaluation, data profiling, and identification
of potential problem areas and make the appropriate
- Work on Analysis of requirements and design solutions to meet
the business requirements. Provide design proposals following best
practices considering data, business and service layers for all
system changes such as defects, business impacts, work
prioritization and estimation.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in 12+
years of related work experience in Business Intelligence and
Analytics Frameworks. A minimum of 5 years of experience in EPIC
- Extensive experience in EPIC Analytics solutions (Caboodle,
RWB, Slicer Dicer) and BI systems using Power BI / Tableau
- Good working experiences on Health care standards like HL7, CCD
and FHIR, and Coding systems (like ICD, CPT etc.)
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical
support specific to functional area and related systems.Preferred
- Experience in Advanced Analytics, Data Science/ML is a
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger
projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center
and across functional areas. Results have implications for the
management and operations of multiple areas of the
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in
carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Business Intelligence Architect, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!