Portfolio Maintenance Manager
Company: The -Community -Builders, -Inc. -
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Career Opportunities with The Community Builders A great place
to work. Careers At The Community Builders Current job
opportunities are posted here as they become available. Subscribe
to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become
available. Portfolio Maintenance Manager (New England Region) Under
the direction and supervision of the VP of Operations, the
Portfolio Maintenance Manager (PMM) will oversee the maintenance
operations of the portfolio and provide guidance to maintenance
team members. The portfolio consists of several properties with an
average unit count of approximately 3,500 units. The PMM will work
collaboratively with our maintenance teams, Portfolio and Community
Managers to follow TCB's standard operating procedures (SOPs),
objectives, mission and each property's economic and physical
requirements. Essential Functions:
- Oversee Maintenance Operations to TCB Standards including
preventive maintenance program, service orders, unit turns, curb
appeal, unit/building inspections, and maintenance shop compliance.
Be a strong advocate of safety and environmental compliance for our
team members and residents. Conduct regular property visits to
provide guidance and technical support to the Community Manager and
- Lead Service Managers and Technicians through mentoring,
training, and support by influencing change management, developing
our maintenance team members, and fostering a strong resident
focus. Coordinate trainings to enhance technical trade and business
skills for accountability to TCB Standard Operating Policies
through positive employee engagement. Participate in talent
management functions of maintenance team members by interviewing,
onboarding and training service managers, recommending professional
advancement, and disciplinary actions.
- Assist Community Manager and Service Manager in financial
controls. Participate in the annual property budget creation and in
the financial review of maintenance expenditures and capital
improvements. Coordinate capital planning assessments and identify
short term capital planning needs.
- Assist Service Managers in developing Scopes of Work,
solicitation of bids and coordinating contracts for capital
projects, energy initiatives and annual vendor services. Create
competitive bid packages and make recommendation on project
- Oversee strategy for REAC and NSPIRE eligible sites to maintain
properties to be REAC or NSPIRE ready. Coordinate pre-inspections,
the plan to repair deficiencies and regular scheduled meetings with
site staff to ensure progress for inspection readiness. Maintain
knowledge of REAC and NSPIRE standards and establish annual
training to maintenance staff as needed.
- Assist in new construction through participation in
architectural design and review for new construction or rehabs.
Provide guidance and support onboarding new properties to
troubleshoot design challenges and support staff to maintain
building systems and site needs. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and trustworthy work ethic.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior interpersonal skills: ability to influence others,
build relationships, and work effectively with others in the
- Highly detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced
- Superior business acumen; ability to analyze and react to
trends, monthly Profit and Loss statements, and build and analyze
- Incredible customer service skills & the ability to create a
customer focused culture.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and quantitative abilities.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years or more of progressive responsibility in facilities
management with 5+ years of multi-family experience or comparable
in hotel/resort/retail regional management required
- Prior experience in and knowledge of affordable housing and
applicable compliance and knowledge of HUD-REAC inspections is
- Strong Leadership presence and proven track record in employee
development of a team.
- Proficiency in Yardi or other industry software and strong
knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years advanced experience in
hands on and training of plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance, and
- Experience in budget development and managing expenses; bid and
managing vendors, service and general building contractors are
- One or more industry-Trade certifications/Degrees (NAHMS, CAMT,
OSHA, HVAC, ETC) preferred.
- Willingness to get certification within 6 months of hiring to
meet any specific site/area needs.
- Knowledge of all standard hand and power tools, cleaning
supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Strong understanding of SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts
- Company paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tax-advantage accounts: commuter/parking, medical & dependent
- Hospital & Critical Illness Insurance
- Confidential, 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- 12 Paid Holidays & tenure-based PTO accruals The Community
Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace. Applicants
from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.In addition, TCB
has implemented a vaccine mandate which requires all staff to be
fully vaccinated or be approved for a religious/medical
exemption.The Community Builders utilizes ClearCompany to manage
recruiting - you may receive email communications from the
following domains:*.clearcompany.com *.hrmdirect.com *.clrco.com
*email.clrco.com.Please make sure to add these emails to your safe
senders list to ensure prompt communication during recruitment.
Keywords: The -Community -Builders, -Inc. -, Boston , Portfolio Maintenance Manager, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!