Senior QA Analyst
Company: MFS Investment Management
Posted on: September 25, 2022
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what
you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes,
favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put
people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community
and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued
professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who
rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous
What you will be responsible for: The Quality Assurance Engineer
(Investment and Trading) is a member of the Global information
Technology team responsible for validating end-to-end trading
systems workflows. Working in an Agile environment with developers
and business analysts, and product owners and business partners
such as portfolio specialists, and traders, this individual will be
required to analyze and test complex end to end trading systems
workflows, quantitate analysis concisely, and communicate to the
team clear results, issues, and at times recommendations
visualization techniques. This position requires strong trading,
analytical and mathematical skills to support the company's
Investment applications. As a member of an agile development team,
this Investment QA Analyst will be participating in all agile
ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning, daily stand-ups,
iteration review and retrospectives. Working in collaboration with
Developers, Analysts, and other stakeholders to understand the
requirements surrounding new or enhanced features this position is
responsible for writing test case documents, test plan documents
and test results that adhere to MFS standards. He or She will be
responsible for performing peer reviews of testing artifacts and
demonstrate to the technology team and business participants their
test results, evidence, and any related analysis.
- The primary functions will include but are not limited to:
- Creating comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable
test cases from acceptance criteria defined in scrum stories.
- Executing software testing for trading and portfolio management
systems to include functional testing, system end to end testing,
regression testing, and performance testing.
- Working with the automation engineers to record and maintain
automated test script libraries for functional regression testing
for assigned applications.
- Assist with the development, integration, and coordination of
cross-organization test projects.
- Generate effective status and progress reports to the QA
manager and scrum team.
- Leads reviews of test plans, test strategy, and test cases and
tracks progress towards established project goals and ensures the
QA function is effective throughout the SDLC.
- Work with QA Architect and DevOps to promote continuous testing
and continuous integration.
- Document software defects in an issue tracking system and
proactively communicate issues with developers and business
analysts. Responsible for defect triage with the project team. JOB
- Successful candidate will have an aggregate of minimum 5-7
years of experience in testing investment management systems.
- Strong experience with trading systems end to end workflow,
including modeling and post trade processing is strongly
- Experience with Charles River Investment Management system is
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with micro service testing and automation.
- Experience with UI Automation.
- Familiarity with Java and Python
- Good experience in Agile scrum framework.
- Experience with the JIRA platform for SDLC.
- Working knowledge of industry standard best practices as
related to software testing of financial products and
- Ability to translate from business requirements to technical
- Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work
with other members in a scrum team. Preferred:
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off"
for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is
closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents,
back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account,
adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental
plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee
assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans,
fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance
and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution
plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total
compensation programs MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting . This
position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves
an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or
sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request
does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the
request can be accommodated. If any applicant is unable to complete
an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability,
please contact MFS at or email for assistance. MFS is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our
policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other status
protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants
of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their
status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats,
or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to
discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint,
assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise
sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or
local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document
and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your
Keywords: MFS Investment Management, Boston , Senior QA Analyst, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!