Team Lead, Aerospace Procurement
Company: Noble Supply & Logistics
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY The Team Lead is responsible for implementing
policies and strategies to improve productivity, quality, and
efficiency while ensuring that the team's contractual requirements
are properly fulfilled. The Team Lead is responsible for leading
and developing the purchasing team and to ensure company and
divisional objectives are achieved. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable
Accommodations Statement In order to perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform the essential duties outlined
below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Partner with Program Manager to develop and execute
- Ensure team is adequately staffed and properly trained.
- Make or approve decisions in conjunction with Program Manager
regarding employment decisions, performance ratings, training, and
- Guide and advise team in more complex phases of work.
- Motivate employees to maintain high levels of performance and
- Contacts vendors to obtain pricing and availability.
- Negotiation of volume discounts.
- Ensure compliance with contract flowdown requirements.
- Adhere to strict quality guidelines during supplier evaluation
- Meets departmental KPIs as set by the Program Manager for
speed, accuracy, compliance, and other factors.
- Assists with selection of suppliers for Noble's portfolio to
meet the needs of the customer.
- Creates and reviews purchase orders, up to hundreds of
thousands of dollars.
- Places orders to meet customers' schedules, and follows up with
suppliers on order status
- Provides customer service support with order confirmations,
product availability, problem resolution, product expertise, order
tracking, back orders, and warranty information
- Expedites orders and coordinates with logistics suppliers for
delivery of urgent orders
- Enters customer, product, and vendor data in Noble's
proprietary ecommerce operating system in compliance with
- Works with warehouse staff to receive, inspect, and shelve
- Investigates and resolves purchase orders discrepancies related
to price, quantity, and product description. Records all PO changes
in Noble's system
- Selects carriers, negotiates rates, and manages operational
issues with freight carriers
- Processes freight invoices, resolves freight claims, and issues
- Provides back up support for other store functions, as
- Performs other related duties as assigned. POSITION
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn and manage a large vendor and product
- Understanding of the government procurement process
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Problem resolution and customer service skills
- Ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects
while consistently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced
- Ability to work under pressure. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of
experience and education.
- 3-5 years of experience in government procurement
- Customer service background a plus strong organizational and
time management skills.
- Strong experience with Aerospace and abrasive industrial
products required. COMPUTER SKILLS
- MS Office Suite
- Google Docs
- Other Business Software WORK ENVIRONMENT Typical office
environment. Equal Opportunity Statement:Noble provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered
veteran, or any other protected category in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws. Noble complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: Noble Supply & Logistics, Boston , Team Lead, Aerospace Procurement, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!