Pharmacy Inventory Controller
Company: The Beth Israel Lahey Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.Job
Type:RegularScheduled Hours:40Work Shift:Rotating (United States of
America)Job Summary: The Pharmacy Inventory Controller is
responsible for facilitating the procurement of medicine and
pharmacy supplies that meet the prescribed safety and health
standards at a cost-effective price for the retail and specialty
pharmacies. Keeping accurate records of purchases, reconciling with
invoices, ensuring payment of invoices, and return-to-stock for
both retail and specialty pharmacies. Additionally, stocking and
maintaining of pharmacy automation.Job Description:Essential
- Receives order to ensure separation of duties, matches purchase
orders with packing slips, escalates packing slip/purchase order
mismatches with distributors and manufacturers.
- Assumes a major role in conducting semi-annual inventory tally
in cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager. Performs duties as needed
by Pharmacy for scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Responsible for overseeing physical inventories in cooperation
with the Internal Audit and Finance department.
- Ensures all drugs and supplies are appropriately ordered,
received, stored, secured and maintained as per standards of
practice and manufacturer guidelines. Ensures appropriate pedigree
according to Federal and State laws, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining and loading of all pharmacy
automation as it pertains to retail pharmacy operations.
- Utilize pharmacy software to optimize inventory PAR levels to
monitor and maintain inventory, maximize inventory turns by
planning and forecasting purchasing needs, minimize and manage slow
movers, and manage aged, excess, obsolescence, backorders, and
shrinkage and coordinates pharmaceutical returns and credits.
- Works with vendors and wholesalers to submit orders through the
appropriate channels, such as wholesaler, GPO, dropship, 340B, or
- Works directly with finance and analysts to provide ongoing and
end of month accruals, complete inventory count, cross charges,
invoice coding, and financial performance reports for the
- Oversight of Pharmacy drug and product recalls for both retail
and specialty pharmacies.
- Assists with the tabulation of the weekly and biennial
controlled substances inventory. Oversees the implementation and
oversight of CSOS or online C2 ordering for the retail pharmacy.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.Required
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree
- Registration Certfied Pharmacy Technician required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in Medical
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on
specific instructions, standard practices and established
procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
stressful situations.Physical Nature of the Job:Light work:
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some
elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be
required to stand for periods of time or move through out the
hospital campusFLSA Status:ExemptAs a health care organization, we
have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and
protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth
Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against
influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. about
this requirement.More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses,
doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more,
making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion
can make us even stronger.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: The Beth Israel Lahey Health, Boston , Pharmacy Inventory Controller, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!