Company: The Community Builders Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location: Building 104, Charlestown MA
TEXT TO APPLY!! TEXT THIS CODE "BOSTECH1" TO THIS #
Under the direction of the Service Maintenance Manager, the Service
Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the completion of
general maintenance and janitorial tasks which help to preserve the
property and provides a quality living environment for the
residents. This role has primary accountability for the overall
cleanliness, physical appearance and presentation of the community,
while maintaining a positive, productive relationship with the
other team members and with residents. The Service Maintenance
Technician I will provide basic support to the maintenance team in
carpentry, plumbing repairs, and apartment turnover
- Provide basic support to repair appliances, carpentry, hardware
accessories, masonry, painting, as well as basic electrical,
plumbing, and HVAC
- Respond and complete to all service requests and on-call
emergencies in a timely and professional manner, as directed by the
Community Manager or Service Manager
- Assist in preventive maintenance tasks for building systems,
equipment and components.
- Prepare and perform repairs to vacant apartments to be ready
for new resident move-ins
- Maintain grounds and common spaces through cleaning, trash
management, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Assist in REAC/HQS inspections and agency audits
- Maintain Maintenance shop and inventory to company standards
and work with a safety mindset including wearing appropriate
- Available for weekend work, on-call rotation and emergency
service call duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English,
bilingual skills a plus!
- Basic skills with computer and hand held devices
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and
problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to
manage difficult customers and/or situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights
and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. 1+ years of
maintenance, janitorial, landscape and/or handyman experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 12 Paid Holidays & tenure-based PTO accruals
- Employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts
- Company paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tax-advantage accounts: commuter/parking, medical & dependent
- Hospital & Critical Illness Insurance
- Confidential, 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
The Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
In addition, TCB has implemented a vaccine mandate which requires
all staff to be fully vaccinated or be approved for a
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, Boston , Janitor, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!