Technical Analyst -Offshore Wind
Company: RWE Renewables GmbH
Posted on: March 20, 2023
RWE Renewables Americas LLC, Boston To To start as soon as
possible, Full time, Functional area: Engineering Remuneration:
Exempt As a Technical Analyst within the Resource Offshore team you
will be providing your expertise and talent in the setup,
management and execution of diverse offshore- and resource-specific
development and innovation projects. Examples of the diverse task
landscape that you will face in the daily business include the
development of turbine layout design and optimization strategies
and their application on all offshore projects within our global
pipeline, the development and application of analytical methods and
tools to address various project-specific challenges, the
validation and implementation of the latest models for flow and
wake modelling as well as the support of the development and
understanding of Floating Offshore Wind. Responsibilities:
- Provision of technical and analytical support as a Research &
Application Analyst throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore
windfarm projects from "Greenfield development" through auctions
- Responsible for the setup, management and execution of internal
offshore- and resource-specific R&D projects with the focus to
address existing and future technical challenges in the offshore
industry (e.g. Floating).
- Leading the design and optimization of turbine layouts and the
optimization of projects towards LCoE and/or other optimization
targets by applying in-house tools and multidisciplinary wind farm
design analysis concepts (MDAO).
- Independent development and prototyping of methods and tools to
answer project-specific challenges with the aim to standardize
solutions across the project-pipeline.
- Drive the validation and implementation of the latest models
(numerical weather prediction, CFD flow) for flow and wake
- Continuous improvement of existing in-house standards, industry
"best practices" and in-house software tools and methods used for
- Maintain knowledge of the latest developments in the field of
wind energy, numerical modelling, and relevant atmospheric science.
Deliver the latest guidance on mesoscale data for wind yield.
- Advanced Degree (MSc or PhD)degree in Meteorology, Aeronautics
or Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural and Computer Sciences or
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience providing technical
solutions for wind resource assessment and optimization. Experience
of working on innovation projects.
- Knowledge and experience in wind resource assessment and
modeling of windfarm energy production according to industry
standards and best practices
- Advanced scientific programming skills (e.g., python, matlab,
fortran) , .
- Good knowledge and experience in using relevant wind resource
analysis tools, relevant statistical analysis as well as wake
- Experience of running a numerical weather prediction (NWP)
model with an understanding of the key parameterizations (for e.g.
boundary data selection and grid setup) is a plus.
- Agile mindset, a "critical & analytical thinking" attitude,
creativity and problem-solving competence are desired.
- Reasonable level of self-organization, self-reliance,
reliability, persistence and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and team skills as well as a confident
- Fluent English in speech and writing, knowledge of German is a
plus but not mandatory. Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code
77840 We look forward to meeting you! We value diversity and
therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender,
disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and
beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. Of course, you can
find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too. RWE represents change,
innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading
generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to
be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for
people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for
dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable
and secure energy future. RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen,
Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's
leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an
international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the
energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life.
Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore
and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage.
We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core
markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Keywords: RWE Renewables GmbH, Boston , Technical Analyst -Offshore Wind, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...