Posted on: May 29, 2023
Under the supervision of the Manager of Mechanical and
Electrical Operations, the Facilities Engineering Technician (HVAC)
will assist with all appropriate support tasks related to facility
operations, with emphasis on building HVAC and other mechanical
systems, including mission critical data center environments. Will
be a part of the planning and implementation of various
construction, repair, and maintenance projects as well as daily
tasks. This position requires a professional licensure in the HVAC
services trade.Key Responsibilities/Duties - what you will be
- Functions as a Facilities HVAC Technician, performing necessary
maintenance and repair to base-building mechanical systems at
Point32health's corporate facility and remote office
- Responsible for the efficient and continuous operation of all
Data Center HVAC and related control systems, as well as developing
and implementing preventative maintenance programs for all
- Oversees outsourced trades people in the maintenance, repair,
and installation of mechanical systems.
- Maintains all necessary records consistent with mandated record
keeping requirements for all mechanical systems at all
- Operates PC based direct digital control (DDC) systems.
Performs calibration and repairs to these systems as
- Monitors Point32health's energy usage and recommends measures
to reduce/optimize energy consumption. Assists in energy
- Manages relationships with one or more outside vendors,
ensuring the highest standards of performance, best pricing,
adherence to contractual obligations, and accurate invoicing. Keeps
all contracts, insurance, and vendor's access to company facilities
accurate and up to date.
- Troubleshoots maintenance problems, repairs, and maintains all
HVAC and refrigeration systems, but also may also assist with
lighting, plumbing, and electrical systems. Effects repairs that
are within his/her scope of expertise and reports to Supervisor
those requiring the services of an outside contractor.
- Completes daily work order requests for the above duties,
responding to priority requests in a prompt and efficient
- Monitors the condition of assigned lease areas, performs
on-going maintenance tasks, and reports outstanding issues to
- Closes-out assigned work requests promptly upon completion,
including relevant information pertaining to work performed.
Information to including but is not limited to: problems
encountered, diagnosis, resolution, and additional work needed to
- Performs essential services to the company, including
associated maintenance duties, and safety related repairs -
- Other duties and projects as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma required. Trade school graduate preferred.
Massachusetts Refrigeration License and CFC Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years of HVAC experience, including field
experience installing and servicing large scale commercial HVAC
- Employee must be a highly motivated individual who can perform
tasks and handle responsibilities with little or no direct
- This position requires an individual with good skills at
prioritizing workloads, the ability to solve problems in the field,
and experience working in critical .data center environments.
- Employee must have the ability to use diagnostic and repair
tools consistent with the practice of HVAC installation and repair,
and to safely work with high voltage machinery and circuitry found
in commercial HVAC equipment.
- The ability to read floor plans and electrical/mechanical
diagrams is essential.
- Moderate computer skills are also required for use of Microsoft
Office applications and Facilities Management
software.Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
- Employee must be able to coordinate his/her work within a
project team and work with junior maintenance personnel in daily
- The position also requires good customer service and
interpersonal skills to interact with department personnel,
internal and external Point32health customers, consultants, and
vendors.Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include
special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced office and outdoor
environment handling multiple demands simultaneously and be able to
exercise appropriate judgment as necessary.
- This position requires the use of written, verbal, and visual
sources of information to complete daily tasks.
- Employee must be safety minded and have the following
abilities: to climb ladders; to use hand and power tools; to bend,
reach, and stretch; to lift materials weighing up to 70 pounds; to
work outdoors under adverse weather conditions; to walk and stand
for extended periods of time; to perform manual labor consistent
with maintenance and equipment upkeep.
- Work involves installing heavy machinery, components, etc.,
Employee will work at a PC for short periods of time. Some
equipment utilized for tasks may be noisy.Overtime:
- Overtime is often required to assist with critical project
deadlines and to perform essential service functions. This time may
be required early morning before normal work hours, in the evening
after normal work hours, or on weekends, depending on the task
particulars and weather conditions.
- This position may be a member of the Emergency Operations Team
and will share responsibility for 24 x 7 responses to facilities
related emergencies. Employee will be required to wear a
company-supplied cell phone when he/she is on-call.
- A valid driver's license is required as some outside travel
will be required to visit suppliers, remote company offices, and
vendor locations.Confidential Data:All information (written,
verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working
at Point32health is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and
required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material.
Employee must always adhere to corporate compliance policies,
department guidelines and policies, and all applicable laws and
regulations.Commitment to Diversity, Equity &
InclusionPoint32Health is committed to making diversity, equity,
and inclusion part of everything we do-from product design to the
workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply
connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature
of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion
infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness,
train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide
parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic
talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.About the CompanyPoint32Health is a leading health and
wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized
health care experience to everyone in our communities. At
Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage
of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard
Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise
to help people find their version of healthier living through a
broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health
and wellbeing easier.We enjoy the important work we do every day in
service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.This
job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health.
TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal
opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current
employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based
on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion,
creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or
local law.Req ID: R6183
Keywords: Point32Health, Boston , HVAC Technician, Professions , Sharon, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...