Inventory Control Supervisor
Company: Mass General Brigham
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oversees the management of the Warehouse/Stat Room, Materials
Management, Linen and Receiving staff to ensure that all products
are received and delivered in a timely fashion.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to the staff in an effort to
provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all employees follow hospital and departmental
policies and procedures.
- Verifies that all new employees are properly trained before
accessing Inventory System and its features.
- Conducts periodic cycle counts of the Inventory and reviews any
discrepancies with the staff and immediate supervisor. Reviews any
process issues that have been identified as a potential cause and
- Communicates any incorrect or damaged shipments.
- Coordinates periodic verification of Expiration Dates.
- Responsible for addressing recalls, conducting the changes of
products, and reporting them to MGB and Products and Technology
- Works with Prime Distributor on product concerns, finding
substitute product, and product conversions.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for staff in Materials
Management, Linen and Shipping and Receiving.
- Responsible for the scheduling of staff as well as time off to
ensure proper coverage for the department. Might be called upon to
fill coverage for sick calls and call-outs.
- Verifies that all departments' orders have been scanned and
entered within the allotted time. Also, ensures that all deliveries
are distributed and put away prior to the next days scanning
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Stat Room to include
daily sweeping and removal of cardboard.
- Follows Hospitals Joint Commission and DPH guidelines and
- Provides Excel usage reports to Clinical leaders and Nurse
Directors to identify items with no usage or low usage.
- Provides feedback to the staff regarding par-level adjustments,
removal of products and addition of supplies on units via
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- May need to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General
Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research,
teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on
being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to
reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General
Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and
advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human
diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of
human presence and expression that make us better able to provide
innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit,
community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly
across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900,
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in
a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner
Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of
all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone
should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating
breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the
globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients,
and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do.
If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's
Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees
call it home.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Inventory Management as well
as Receiving functions required.
- Staff adheres to all I C.A.R.E. Standards
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to learn PeopleSoft/Workday program.
- Able to speak and read English.
- Basic Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel and
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action
Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we
choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual
orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other
status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals
with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment.
Keywords: Mass General Brigham, Boston , Inventory Control Supervisor, Professions , Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!