Diamond Quality and Inventory Technician
Company: Hearts On Fire
Posted on: July 15, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY Chow Tai Fook North America ("CTFNA") is a
division of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited (the $7.6B
vertically integrated jewelry retailer based in Hong Kong; HK Stock
Exchange: 1929). CTFNA is based in Boston, MA and represents CTF's
wholesale division in North America, home to brands Hearts On Fire
and M--moire. Hearts On Fire, is a global diamond jewelry brand
known for its exceptional and consistent cut (The World's Most
Perfectly Cut Diamond--) and is sold in more than 700 points of
sale in over 30 countries through independent jewelry retailers,
Hearts On Fire branded retail locations, department stores and
heartsonfire.com. M--moire is a leading manufacturer of high
quality, classic diamond essentials, offering both a M--moire
branded and private label offering to retail partners. For over
thirty years, M--moire has been recognized for its outstanding
craftsmanship and design. SUMMARY The CTFNA Operations team must
deliver superlative execution in order to provide world class
product and services to our retail partners and end users. As an
essential member of this team, the Diamond Quality & Inventory
Technician will work to properly ensure product standards and
specifications are upheld while overseeing the day to day
operations and management of our diamond inventory. Hearts On Fire
and Memoire's growth depends on our ability to exceed both
expectations around the delivery and quality of our product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the Quality Management System through
initiating corrective and preventative actions as appropriate and
thereby contributing to the continuous improvement of our diamond
- Follows our grading methodology and procedures for locating,
identifying and documenting clarity characteristics, treatments,
and other features present in the diamond.
- Assigns polish, symmetry, and clarity grades according to the
company's procedures and standards in accordance with the American
Gem Society-- Grading Standards.
- Determines and/or verifies acceptable measurements and
proportions according to company procedures.
- Manages the flow of diamonds from receiving through the
allocation and fulfillment of sales orders and productions.
- Create and maintain purchase orders.
- Transact all incoming diamond inventory.
- Provide quality control for all incoming diamonds.
- Process and document return shipments as necessary.
- Number newly graded AGS diamonds.
- Organize and number diamonds when returned from AGS.
- Download purchase orders and prints necessary labeling.
- Transact all diamond memo and credit returns.
- Process incoming customer diamonds for mounting.
- Provide day to day guidance to Non-Certified Diamond Team
ensuring production orders are fulfilled according to demand
- Oversee the transactional movement of the Non-Certified Diamond
Inventory ensuring accurate inventory levels and counts.
- Oversee day to day scheduling and activity of Diamond Inscriber
ensuring timely and accurate inscriptions.
- Work with other Operations areas to allocate and coordinate all
resources as needed in order to support day to day
- Test incoming shipments for synthetics. QUALIFICATIONS
- Extraordinary organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent communication skills and a customer service
orientation, experience interacting with customers and
- Experience using, and proficiency with software applications
such as spreadsheets, word processing and manufacturing management
- An ability to prioritize and manage a sizable and varied
- An ability to embrace a team atmosphere and work cooperatively
with department colleagues and others in the organization PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, use their hands, talk, and
hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb
or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. Additionally, this position may require
working with a jeweler's loop &/or magnification
Keywords: Hearts On Fire, Boston , Diamond Quality and Inventory Technician, Professions , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!