Territory Manager/Sales Representative
Company: Talent Experts
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Territory Manager II reports to the Senior
Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for achieving sales
revenue targets in the Cambridge and Boston, MA areas. The ideal
candidate will be based in the greater Boston area and will have a
deep understanding of molecular biology, exhibit a strong
entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate success selling to the life
science markets. The Territory Manager II role is remote-based and
required to maintain residency within the identified ideal
locations(s) of the territory.Approximately 50% travel, including
overnight, may be required.Essential Functions:
- Meet and/or exceed sales targets for the assigned geographical
- Responsible for the sales of company's products within an
assigned geographic territory and or within an assigned group of
accounts. Achieves sales budget by the growth of existing accounts
and the development of new accounts.
- Demonstrates ability to identify, advance and close new
business opportunities by creating and executing a strategic
- Demonstrates advanced selling skills including call
preparation, introduction, presentation and closing.
- Possess advanced product expertise and ability to cross
- Updates and maintains the customer relationship management
(CRM) software tool to ensure full transparency of customer
information across the organization
- Communicates potential opportunities with the Regional Sales
Manager (RSM) and Product Managers by entering pertinent
information into CRM
- Demonstrates advanced expertise in strategic account planning,
sales analysis and time management.
- In collaboration with Regional Sales Manager, develops short
and long-range strategies for product expansion; assesses potential
application of the company products to meet customer needs and
prepares detailed product specifications for the development,
implementation, and customization of customer solutions.
- Makes presentations on new and existing products to current and
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers;
consistently exceeding the customer's expectations.
- Collaborates with RSM, Product Managers and/or R&D to offer
presentations, product demonstrations, and on-site customer
- Maintains advanced level of product and market knowledge.
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required.
- Provides highly relevant market and competitive information to
- Provides innovative problem-solving approaches to address
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, shares approach
- Assists in providing training to other Sales staff.
- Demonstrated success in Biotech/Pharma accounts where a clear
strategy/process produces revenue growth.
- Successfully mentors new/existing territory managers with an
emphasis towards best sales practices
- Creates and executes business plan to increase revenue within
- This position does not have supervisory
- BS, MS, PhD, in Cell, Molecular Biology or related life science
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience at a life science
research tools company.
- 2-4 years lab bench experience in Cell, Molecular Biology or
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record, valid
driving license, and automobile insurance at all
times.BenefitsGlobal company with exceptional benefits and career
Keywords: Talent Experts, Boston , Territory Manager/Sales Representative, Sales , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!