B2B Sales Representative (Life Sciences)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job SummaryThis established position reporting to the Director
of Production Sales, will be responsible for the daily promotion of
suppliers and products within the VWR Production Chemicals
portfolio.MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Sell entire VWR Production Chemicals product portfolio within
the upper East Coast. Territory would include Boston MA, NH RI, CT,
and maybe ME
- Close sales on more technical products, working in conjunction
with generalist reps.
- Identify and assist in the process of converting competitive
products to items available from VWR.
- Identify leads.
- Identify and close new lab business.
- Train and motivate the VWR general reps to sell target product
- Sell and communicate VWR program strength to VWR sales reps,
customers, and potential suppliers.
- Help manage Production Chemicals portfolio in local area, and
ensure effective communication to sales reps, sales managers, and
area vice presidents of sales goals, trends, and performance, in
support of local sales growth plans.
- Insure that VWR Production Chemicals Program is the
- Assume overall territory ownership, along with VWR general
sales reps and management team by attending regional meetings,
strategy sessions, key account blitzes and on-site technical
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- 2-3 years of life science research/lab experience required
- BS degree in a life science area, or equivalent work experience
requiredKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform
the job competently)
- Must have a firm understanding of and experience within the
life science research marketplace
- Be a proactive individual, as well as have solid communication,
organizational, time-management, and PC skills
- Be a self-starter that is quickly motivated, effectively
implements programs, recognizes opportunities, communicates ideas,
and acts with little direction in a fluid and matrixed
- Overnight travel is requiredENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS &
PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)Typically works in a home
office environment with extensive regional travel to customer
locations.Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past
precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may
be developed to resolve problems.A frequent volume of work and
deadlines impose strain on routine basis.Minimal physical effort is
required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking,
standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that
typically weigh less than 10 lbs.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law.If you need a reasonable accommodation
for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email
at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more
information about equal employment opportunity protections, please
view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the
Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
Provision using the links below.EEO is the LawOFCCP EEO
SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION3rd Party
Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates without having
been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Boston , B2B Sales Representative (Life Sciences), Sales , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!