Outside Sales Representative - Industrial Products -
Company: Columbus McKinnon
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Description - Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Outside Sales Representative - Industrial Products
Location: New England
We are Columbus McKinnon Corporation. We design and make material handling products and solutions but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard working company for over 140 years proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where were going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are dedicated to finding team members who have a fascination for innovation and industrial technology. We offer challenging, career-building opportunities, and a great work environment where you can truly make a contribution. We are publicly traded and expanding globally to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon's key products include hoists, cranes, actuators, chain and forged attachments. We offer a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications that require the safety and quality provided by our superior product design and engineering expertise. The Company's portfolio of well-known brand names include CM, Coffing, Duff-Norton, Magnetek, Pfaff, Shaw-Box, Stahl Cranesystems, and Yale. Our world headquarters is located in the Buffalo-Niagara region in Getzville, New York, and we have many amazing locations around the world.
We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team. The Sales Representative will be responsible for sales growth and business development through authorized channel partners, formulating business plans and strategies to grow overall sales revenue and market share and engage in consultative selling with emphasis at large end users accounts. Duties are centered on distributor development in conjunction with customer contact at key strategic end user accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage your CPs and End User Customer to achieve topline sales obligations.
- Primary sales focus is on rigging, chain and manual hoists, with powered hoists and engineered products savvy.
- Cover geographic sales territories, developing and maintaining relationships with CPs and end users.
- Conduct end user training modules, develop Conquest Program targets within the Partners In Performance Program and drive the conversion of the competitive installed base and increase CMCO penetration.
- Manage territory's channel partner network for sales growth and conflict minimization/resolution.
- Cultivation of product sales at end-users.
- Analyze target account requirements and develop penetration plans with to increase market share.
- Develop distributor relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Utilize distribution and CMCO resources to provide the necessary level of technical expertise to the customer.
- Resolves territory issues involving, marketing, pricing, product, warranties and product modification (specials).
- Responsible for the measurement of distributor performance, and implementing distributor performance improvement programs, for new units and parts sales.
- Management of new product launches and promotional programs through the channel.
- Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to Business Development Managers and Sales Management.
- Actively seeks out and participates in both formal and informal training opportunities.
- Takes an active role in coaching distribution personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of all CMCO Rigging & Hoist brands, products and services.
- Performs joint sales calls with channel partner salespeople.
- Assures that CMCO has a consistent high level of distributor capabilities to serve customers in the assigned geography.
- Demonstrates an understanding of distributor key business drivers.
- Delivers sales workshops as needed to demonstrate capabilities.
- Differentiates CMCO products and services from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
- Supports corporate and cooperative sales initiatives such as Strategic Accounts, Vertical Markets, and Training.
- Thoroughly understand the regional marketing programs and carry out effectively every part that applies to the territory.
- Carefully plan the use of time by scheduling activities in advance to provide maximum time for actual selling.
- Consultative selling to end users and channel partners.
- Report territory activity and results Sales Management and the organization at large.
- Make effective use of selling aids and literature at every opportunity, recognizing benefits and advantages of CMCO's entire Hoist and Rigging product portfolio.
- Maintains territory account records in a good, complete and up-to-date fashion. Account records should include complete address, phone numbers, personnel contacts and record of call and or sales activity.
- Investigate credit department communications and handle within reasonable limits.
- Responsibly manage expenses staying within assigned budget and adhering to corporate Travel & Entertainment guidelines.
- Ensure that distributor inventory levels are appropriate to support market demands.
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by Regional Sales Manager
- Ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to achieve financial goals.
- Reasoning abilities and analytical thinking
- Self Starter, ability to function independently without close management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Strong presentation skills.
- Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and associated administrative functions.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities.
- Responsible handling of expenses, demo and trial equipment, and other company assets.
- Knowledge of material handling products and their applications.
- Proficient in computer related skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- 3-5 or more years related sales experience
- Experience in industrial sales and selling through industrial distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of technical products and distributor functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive and travel by airplane.
- Remote in-home office.
- Travel 50%
Columbus McKinnon Corporation offers:
- A Dynamic Company Culture
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Competitive Compensation Plans
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Columbus McKinnon, Boston , Outside Sales Representative - Industrial Products -, Sales , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!