Special Agent: Military/Law Enforcement
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Posted on: August 17, 2019
As an FBI Special Agent with a military or law enforcement
background, you will have a career like no other. In fulfilling the
FBI mission to protect the American people, you bring a highly
valued set of tactical skills and expertise, as well as leadership,
integrity, teamwork and dedication forged by your armed forces or
law enforcement career.
Special Agents enforce more than 300 federal statutes and conduct
criminal and national security investigations. Whether you're
focused on disrupting a terrorist network, gathering intelligence
on a foreign enemy or dismantling a criminal enterprise, the work
of a Special Agent is extraordinarily rewarding. While the FBI
seeks applicants from all backgrounds, we are currently looking for
these skills: Detectives, Military (specifically Special Forces,
explosives, WMD and Intelligence Experts) and Pilots (helicopter
As a Special Agent, you may also have an opportunity to join
specific, mission-centric tactical teams of intensely trained,
specially equipped Agents who volunteer to respond to complex,
critical and urgent challenges. These teams include the Hostage
Rescue Team (HRT), the Special Agent Bomb Tech (SABT) Program and
the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team. The FBI's Tactical
Recruitment Program (TRP) recruits individuals with tactical
experience from the ranks of law enforcement and the military to
fast-track them for eligibility.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and
What you'll need to succeed:
* Strict standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to think on your feet and be a team player.
* A high-level of physical fitness necessary to effectively respond
to life-threatening situations on the job.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration,
communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal
ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and
dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you
will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team
of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a
critical mission and our people are sought after as some of the
best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a
U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete
training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high
level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd
hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Boston , Special Agent: Military/Law Enforcement, Sales , Sudbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!