Account Manager -General Line Compressor Sales-Equipment & Services- Boston Metro
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Account Manager - General Line
This position will cover Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
territory with the ideal candidate residing in Eastern
Ingersoll Rand Customer Centers give you the opportunity to be part
of a local business creating innovative customer solutions, focused
on driving customer satisfaction. Become an integral part of a
close-knit team environment, servicing diverse customers
representing all facets of industry! Employees of Ingersoll Rand
enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
This position is responsible for driving compressed air equipment
and service sales in the Industrial market space.
Travel will be within in a defined geographic area.
This position includes sizing, application, sizing and developing
of equipment and service quotes, strategizing, prospecting, and
developing relationships; in order to achieve revenue targets,
maximize profits, increase market share and maintain customer
- Key account management and development of lasting relationships
with new and existing customers, including both Ingersoll Rand and
competitive accounts. Support of key accounts with their energy
conservation projects, service plans and support and general
account management needs. Keep current with all product knowledge
and constant training using our internal development system.
Creatively provide solutions to customer needs.
- Responsible for managing and growing existing territory sales
within a select set of managed accounts.
- Responsible for annual sales targets and sales growth of the
designated territory in both equipment and service.
- Responsible for the effective promotion of assigned
- Providing market and competitor analysis
- Securing long-term development of the territory's business and
market share growth.
- Maintain quote log and face-to-face customer interactions in
order management system (SFA). Record order follow-up activities
(e.g. delivery), reporting requirements (email) and database
requirements. Provide feedback on market conditions.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site
safety) in the field, as well as in any company or customer
- Provide selling skills and product/services training for dealer
sales personnel as well as personnel within customer center.
- Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free. Ensure
resolution of all customer disputes. Manage all costs associated
with selling efforts, including travel and entertainment
- Earn Customer loyalty via troubleshooting to resolve customer
satisfaction issues. Managing orders and working closely with the
service team on active jobs. Service assistance as needed with
product installation communications by resolving open issues.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of direct sales and sales
- Maintain current knowledge of the marketplace and market trends
through regular contact with customers.
- Produce an annual sales plan encompassing all strategies
pertinent to territory growth.
- Maintain an attitude and appearance commensurate with that of a
thoroughly professional salesperson.
- Submit accurate expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly plan and review process, including monthly
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 - 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Compressed Air or Industrial sales experience preferred
- Proficient at operation of MS Office system, Sales Force,
Outlook & Data analysis tools.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Honest, self-motivated, team oriented.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including verbal,
written and presentation communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License
Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller
infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Boston , Account Manager -General Line Compressor Sales-Equipment & Services- Boston Metro, Sales , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!