Company: Massachusetts General Physicians' Organization
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Description - Resource Specialist (3213130) Resource
Specialist - ( 3213130 ) Scope of Position : Research indicates
housing, food, financial and other forms of socioeconomic
insecurity, impact health outcomes. To improve our patients' health
and wellbeing, MGH primary care patients are asked to complete a
social determinants of health (SDH) survey annually. The goal is to
identify and address SDH early by assessing and referring patients
to internal and external resources. This role will also participate
in additional Medicaid ACO programming as needed. Principal Duties
and Responsibilities: Assess patients who have screened positive on
one or more of the SDH questions
- Determine the scope of the patient's need
- Identify previous or current efforts to address the need
- Identify previous or current engagement with internal and/or
external resources Provide patient education and referral to
- Identify and provide information on the network of services and
eligibility including service provider addresses, telephone number
and, as available, contact person; may involve investigation and
outreach to internal and community providers
- Follow up with patient within 2 weeks of referral to confirm
engagement and respond to outstanding questions or re-refer as
- Connect to primary care practices, as appropriate, to connect
patients to formal case management or social work programs.
- Use Epic smartphrases to document engagement with patient
including education and referral to resources
- Use Epic CC charts to communicate with the patient's care team
about engagement with the patients, referrals and other appropriate
- Help create data tracking system to document and assess
incoming and outgoing referral rates.
- Identify and document gaps in internal and external services
and improve workflows and resource tools when needed.
- High School Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Human services experience and knowledge of community resources
preferred. Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required:
- Attention to detail and ability to comprehend and educate about
systems with complex eligibility requirements.
- Assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Goal oriented and accountable in a complex medical
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Good computer
- Bilingual preferred Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and
ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from -protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged. - Primary
Location Work Locations MGH 125 Nashua Job
Admin/Clerical/CustService-Other Organization Massachusetts General
Hospital(MGH) Schedule Standard Hours 12 Shift Day Job Posted Shift
Description Per Diem to work approximately 12 hrs per week, hours
are flexible but majority must occur during normal business hours
(M-F, 9-5pm) Employee Status Regular Recruiting Department MGH Care
Keywords: Massachusetts General Physicians' Organization, Boston , Resource Specialist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!